Back home

ScrapSC

As some of you have been told I had a very life threatening incident on Monday. It seems that due to eating something that didnt sit well with me and then my wretching or severe throwing up ended up tearing/rupturing an artery that was in between my stomach and esophagus. The artery rupture was bad enough but when Warafin(blood thinner) is also introduced the results can be very deadly. It was a very scary time for myself as well as all my loved ones here. I cant even go into detail with what happened and things that happened due to most of it being a blur and my blacking out a couple of times. I did lose half the volume of my blood during this and was very fortunate to make it to the UK hospital when I did. I received awsome care while there and am now at home. I spent 2 1/2 days in ICU with tubes, ventilators, and several IV's hooked to me. I was released today and I am very weak still from all this. The Doctors informed me that it would take around 14 days for me to feel up to doing things due to the amount of blood lose and the stress that my body went through. I appreciate all of you having me in your thoughts and prayers.

Good to hear you're home. That's good news. You take care of yourself man. That lovely lady of yours needs to have you around a little longer ;)

Ira

Thanks to everyone for your prayers!

Hey Ira I have to agree with you about not being ready to be without my Big Guy. I sure wasn’t ready to give him up but this time I thought it might be what ended up happening. I’m not sure if it’s possible to use up all our requests from God at one time, but I think I may have been really close to doing just that. I can’t tell you how horrifying this incident was. We have had an experience once before of him bleeding out (lower GI bleed)since being on the blood thinners and in comparison, well truthfully there is no comparison. I won’t go into detail because honestly it’s just too gruesome. The doctors verified that we were less than an hour from losing him. All I can say is thank you and thanks to all that said a prayer for us. I think we needed all we could get this time around. It’s hard to believe that he’s already back at home in his green chair after what just happened less than 4 days ago. But all I know is I am thanking God and everyone else that he is!!
Sal

Anthony

I seen the post in the Lounge glad to see this one here and glad your back home after this ordeal. I know each day your getting better and thats the best news one could ask for. We dont know what what the future holds for us each and everyday anything can happen at any givin time. We are so happy you pulled through this and getting well

Wow! Guess I missed the heads up on your near death experience. Glad to hear you made it thru alright, thats scary business to read!

I'll keep ya in my thoughts and prayers! Its very good to hear you're alright now!

-Tim

Feeling better

Thanks again for all the continued well wishes. He got out of the house for a bit today to walk the dogs. Can't keep that one down for long. Still can't get him to help with the laundry, but something tells me he'll be back turning wrenches before long.

Sal

Last edited:
Back