balancing slicks

Yes balance them. I made the mistake of not balancing them and at 115mph at end they are not fun shaking the car around.

Static Balance

Where ever you go to get them balanced ask them if they can static balance which means only put the weights on the inside and not on the outside which looks like crap on nice wheels-unless you have nothin special of a wheel then get it regular balanced.

Just my professional opinion:D

Tom

I never balanced mine.....

Slicks do some funky stuff at high speeds, but I never sensed a need to balance them. The strange feeling is due to the lack of sidewall strength

i never balance mine anymore. even at lower HP levels slicks can move on the wheel and through off the balance. and since they distort so much the "balance" will change constantly going down the track.

mine move about 1/2 -3/4 inch every launch.

when i was young i used to go around and remove the weights from wheels because my friends and i collected them. I had no clue what they were for and at 7 years old i could have really cared less.

i highly recommend the static balance method mentioned above.

i never balance mine anymore. even at lower HP levels slicks can move on the wheel and through off the balance. and since they distort so much the "balance" will change constantly going down the track.

mine move about 1/2 -3/4 inch every launch.

I was under the impression that not only moving if not screwed to the wheel, that in a burnout your not exactly going to throw off a perfectly balanced amount of rubber, which would throw off your balance anyways.

Back