What M90 mods will increase power...

Mercury267

My buddy had an M90 that he is going to use on his Delorean. (You can see what he's been up to at www.projectdelorean.com if interested).
Nonetheless, he is in the mock up stages now. He has an M90, he replaced the pulley and needs to replace the front seal. I have heard that porting can be done, but wanted to know if there is anything else that can be done. I have heard about getting the internals coated, but I don't know if that is really an impact to the output of the unit.

Thanks
mercury267@cavtel.net

tell him to port the blower if its early model a nice vee work and some inlet work if he has a late model go with a S port or mpii style port sta away from the mpiii/mpx style unless e wants to overdrive the hell out of it and have to keep up maintenence if he is fabbing a intake use a bypass valve like our sc's

My buddy had an M90 that he is going to use on his Delorean. (You can see what he's been up to at www.projectdelorean.com if interested).
Nonetheless, he is in the mock up stages now. He has an M90, he replaced the pulley and needs to replace the front seal. I have heard that porting can be done, but wanted to know if there is anything else that can be done. I have heard about getting the internals coated, but I don't know if that is really an impact to the output of the unit.

Thanks
mercury267@cavtel.net

Here is some pictures

This is my old 95 M90 with 15% Cogged overdrive it made 19.5 PSI also had ported MP Plenum. Porting the blower is a big gain also having a good IC unit good luck with your project

Attachments

• Dcp_1842.jpg
    Dcp_1842.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 213
  • Dcp_1843.jpg
    Dcp_1843.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 6,860
  • Dcp_1845.jpg
    Dcp_1845.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Dcp_1846.jpg
    Dcp_1846.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 199
This is my old 95 M90 with 15% Cogged overdrive it made 19.5 PSI also had ported MP Plenum. Porting the blower is a big gain also having a good IC unit good luck with your project

Jim, that last picture, am I seeing removed material behind the bolt boss?

Jim, that last picture, am I seeing removed material behind the bolt boss?

Question?

Are you talking inlet or outlet? last picture is the inlet and yes a little material was removed behind bolt boss. Also in the case where the (V) outlet underside was taperd on direction flow in fact gained in flow testing. We also put baffles in the ported MP plenum to direct flow charge to center of rotors pull center area the blower hat was also modified with directional baffles

I will take more in depth pictures and post them of that area

Last edited:
Inlet pictures

Here are some more close up pictures of the inlet area this blower has been sold to a SCCoA member to be deliverd soon for his project

Attachments

• Dcp_1932.jpg
    Dcp_1932.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Dcp_1930.jpg
    Dcp_1930.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Dcp_1926.jpg
    Dcp_1926.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Dcp_1936.jpg
    Dcp_1936.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 148
  • Dcp_1931.jpg
    Dcp_1931.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 148
Did you use a template as a guide for what needed to be trimmed.....

Or did you just go by what "looked" good.....;)

I am getting ready to port my 95 blower and I really like what you have done to yours.....

I have seen a lot of ported blowers. I think there are some other pix on here that show a beveled edge. If you look at Jims outlet, it is flat, as in up and down. Not that it is wrong, but I would think that having the outlet with an angle like \ / as opposed to l l. Does that make sense? Jim, did you ever ask your dad about that? did you guys pass the angle/bevel because of the pear shape and not being able to keep the angle specific without causing some sort of air flow flaw?

Chris

Did you use a template as a guide for what needed to be trimmed.....

Or did you just go by what "looked" good.....;)

I am getting ready to port my 95 blower and I really like what you have done to yours.....

Yes a template was used as a guide when removing material

I have seen a lot of ported blowers. I think there are some other pix on here that show a beveled edge. If you look at Jims outlet, it is flat, as in up and down. Not that it is wrong, but I would think that having the outlet with an angle like \ / as opposed to l l. Does that make sense? Jim, did you ever ask your dad about that? did you guys pass the angle/bevel because of the pear shape and not being able to keep the angle specific without causing some sort of air flow flaw?

Chris

Chris

We talked to three blower builders before doing this and the reason for the flat edge is it had more directional flow with the beveled edge the flow will fan out mix

Definately. I thought that would be a good thing since the air would try to expand once it left the compression from the rotors. I have to wonder, did that have anything to do with the style of the top/outlet?

Chris

Definately. I thought that would be a good thing since the air would try to expand once it left the compression from the rotors. I have to wonder, did that have anything to do with the style of the top/outlet?

Chris

Chris

It was done for max directional flow plus the style blower hat I had a raised top with 1" spacer ported we fabed a splitter vaine and directional baffles this helped increase the charge flow volocity

Back