How do I remove the power window motor?

Smokefan

I have the door panel removed.

Window is stuck 3/4 up, I have found many threads here but nothing that tells me a definative way to remove the motor so I can at least get the window in the up position while I locate the problem.

Switch works, regulator clicks and gets hot. Also passenger motor spins freely but not a concern at this time.

Help ASAP, solid hour of rain heading this way.

TIA, Tim

edit : 1990 Supercoupe

Remove Door panel,
Then disconnect the quick connect connector,
Remove the 3 (10MM?) Bolts holding it inside the door, and slide it out the hole for the speker.

Oh ya Remove speaker.....:D

-Tony

These 3 bolts?

IMG00212.jpg

Anything else internally while I remove it?

Thanks, going out to play in the rain again. At least with you giving me the bolt size info I won't get wet digging for sockets.........lol

Motor is out, plastic cogs broken but I will test the motor itself as it didn't even sound like it was spinning

Do both motors while you have the time.

Both of mine were shot.

The nylon COGS that is.. These window motors are bulletproof!:D

Passenger side yes, driver's side doesn't make any noise.

Car has 250000km and it looks to be original window motor

Well took a trip to the wreckers today, $40 for 2 motors. Passenger side works fine, driver side only goes halfway. No where around here had the kits to rework.

go to Autozone and go to the HELP section. Get the nylon pucks from there. You will need to just touch them on the bench grinder to make the diameter a hair smaller. This will fix the problem and I think it cost me like $7.

Back