Carputer??!?? 56K BEWARE

franky_402

So yeah, im thinking of putting a carputer into my car, i found someone else that has already done one in a 94 and i have pics for you guys to see. The only thing i can see so far is i am going to relocate the ecc to where the vmm is now and probably remove that, but add a switch for the traction assist. Will this cause any problems if i dont put a switch in for that???

img0038ip6.jpg

img0041dj7.jpg

img5898gz3.jpg

i got rid of the switch for the T/A when i redid my interior, and havnt needed it since i swapped in my 3.55 TL.

that setup is pretty neat looking.

well that isnt my car but thats exactly how its going to look! i got pictures from the forum about the carputers and this guy did his to a 94lx so i nabbed the pictures!! IMO I think it looks really modern and factory if done correctly, thats the look im going for! Plus all the programs are open source (free, and very customizable) I already got a free laptop that i will be using and the rest of the parts are going to cost about $500, considering that a decent flip out hu with navigation is around 6-700 for a cheaper brand this is a pretty sweet deal, alot more functional and expandable! Ill start a new thread when i start working on it to show my step by step procedures, if anyone has any input thats pretty much why im posting here first!

i did a rx8 that the guy bulit a pc in the glove box. he has a 7" tuch screan on the dash. with most controls on this master knob. and when he needs it there is a keybord that hides somewhere. maybe i can get some pics of it when he comes to get his fender vents tonight. he emails when has more things to paint when he is stuck in trafic on the way home.;) it is defanlty something difrant. here is some pics of the out side and i will try to get some of the inside.
kjbhk.jpg
mhcgfuyjhvg.jpg
jhvgfkhj.jpg

Wow, so how exactly is the plastic piece molded or is it glassed. Its good to know also because those doubld DIN touch screens are a lot cheaper than the flip out ones.

some of the guys there either glass them in , or they use bumber bonda since its strong and sandable and i also think some of them use combinations of them, also i think they use some bondo too!! Believe me im still reading alot before i tackle it. I will probably have a wireless kb/mouse combo for troubleshooting, or emails. The one specifically used for the ps3 i believe logitech makes it! i can get the 8" screen for under 300 and its vga resoutions so it should be nice and clear!

i talked to joe and he told me about this site www.mp3car.com. and said you are going to need it! he also is going to send me some pics of his system for you to see.

yeah, i have been already reading them forums for about the past 3 weeks, i was there about 1 1/2 year ago and sorta forgot about it till recently!! I would love to see some pictures of more installs

So far i have my laptop ready (except for a spare keyboard, the laptop was dropped and the keyboard is shot) and the software loaded onto it. This friday i am going to get an extra bezel check some clearences and probably order some things for the install! Oh and start building my custom skins for the gui

Back