How do ya siphone fuel out of a 90 SC?

JDC

I have a 90 SC and I've tried to siphone with a garden hose but I can't get it down to the bottem of the fuel tank.What other way is there to get the fuel out before I drop the tank.Thanks JDC

I have a 90 SC and I've tried to siphone with a garden hose but I can't get it down to the bottem of the fuel tank.What other way is there to get the fuel out before I drop the tank.Thanks JDC

Garden Hose :-(

Way to big you need to get a clear 1/4inch ID hose about 5 foot open the trap door in the filler neck move it down slow until it gets to the bottom. Than suck until you see the fuel get close to your mouth looking through the clear line than dump it in the gas can

If you get it into your mouth spit wash spit wash this gas now days has nasty stuff that can cause cancer in it

Last edited:
Ive pumped it out with the fuel pump in the car before. Just disconnected the fuel line at the rail and hooked up a hose, or you can even pull the valve at the test port up and do the same. I think Ive done about 10 that way and havent burnt up a pump yet. Just jumper your fuel pump relay at the ecm test connector.

S

Unhook the line at the fuel filter and jumper the pump at the EEC test port or supply 12V at the inertia switch in the trunk.

-Rod

If the car is up high enough to get under it easily(and the tank is not over 1/2 full), take off one of the ends of the equalizing hose that goes over the d-shaft and stick a small size tube down in the tank and siphon it out. Or use the pump like Rod sugested.
MikeH

Back