Strange whistling? AOD? dash?

Toms-SC

Alright I need help I think. I've developed a strange whistling before my car was pulled apart. I hoped it would have been resolved after the tear down to short block but it is still there. This is not a supercharger whine, it is a whistle that only occurs when the car is moving. The whistle appears constant in sound and mostly on the passenger side although you can hear it from the drivers side. Could it be the AOD? Can they even whistle? Something under the dash? I have no clue, help please!

is it like air getting in the passenger door, does it get louder when you increase speed? if it is the door try removing the weatherstrip and install it and then test drive.

Well the cars do have a habit of developing an alternator interferance which will go with RPMs.

could be a vac line for the climate controls. Pull down your glove box and look for the colored plastic lines.

Mine had a whistle at freeway speeds that was due to the top windshield molding letting air come out between the back of the molding and the roof. A quick bead of black RTV (black car) solved that.

Back