F-150 Bumper?

txsc

I just bought a '92 F-150 to trailer my SC (and other household duties), and it has a dinged front bumper that offends me. It's a really nice, one-owner, low mileage truck and I want to fix a couple of the little things it needs.

Has anyone here bought a bumper, etc. before from an aftermarket supplier that they can reccommend? Even if you've purchased parts for something else, and have a good source, I'd appreciate it. Also, if any of the D/FW guys can chime in with a local supplier, that'd be a "plus" (no shipping).

THANKS!

JD

I just bought a '92 F-150 to trailer my SC (and other household duties), and it has a dinged front bumper that offends me. It's a really nice, one-owner, low mileage truck and I want to fix a couple of the little things it needs.

Has anyone here bought a bumper, etc. before from an aftermarket supplier that they can reccommend? Even if you've purchased parts for something else, and have a good source, I'd appreciate it. Also, if any of the D/FW guys can chime in with a local supplier, that'd be a "plus" (no shipping).

THANKS!

JD

This is an idea

Go to your local Ford truck Dismantling see if they got a nice used one its a lot cheaper and better quality than an aftermarket bumper. The dismantling yards have a hot line on parts and can find one quick

Grandprarie is full of junkyards, close to the fleamarket place, I remember seeing junkyard after junkyard on that road, I havent been to that part of the Dallas area in about 2 years but you may wont to look in that area. I know it doesnt really answer your question but its an idea.

Grandprarie is full of junkyards, close to the fleamarket place, I remember seeing junkyard after junkyard on that road, I havent been to that part of the Dallas area in about 2 years but you may wont to look in that area. I know it doesnt really answer your question but its an idea.

Thanks; I may give that a shot if I don't come up with a good aftermarket source. Anymore, it's hard for me to find the time to get away and hit the junkyards. And, I'm doubtful if I'll find one in the salvage that's nicer than the one I already have. It'd be easier for me to either just order one, or drive to a place in D/FW and pick one up. I had an aftermarket bumper put on my old 94 F-150 after it got hit a few years ago, and it looked/fit just fine. But, the shop bought it and I don't know where it was sourced from.

JD

Try this JD, I use them for the outside work I do on occasion when I cant get locally http://car-part.com/
S

Just did a quick search and there is one in Grand Prarie for 250.00 Dakota Auto Parts, Inc. USA-TX(Grand-Prairie) E-mail 1-800-460-2787
and in dallas for 125 GreenLeaf TX Dallas USA-TX(Dallas) E-mail 1-800-552-1534

Last edited:
Jerry,

The only problem I have ever had with a aftermarket bumper is that that chroming is sometimes not perfect. Or should I say the metal work underneath and they just chromed over the imperfections. I have a very good, reliable, and fairly cheap source for getting aftermarket parts. If you'd like i will call him tommorrow and see what I can get it for....obviously we'll still have to ship it.... Im gonna guess and say I could get one for around 100-150.00, but I will call if you say go....Dave

Will need to know the trim level...

Last edited:
Jerry,

The only problem I have ever had with a aftermarket bumper is that that chroming is sometimes not perfect. Or should I say the metal work underneath and they just chromed over the imperfections. I have a very good, reliable, and fairly cheap source for getting aftermarket parts. If you'd like i will call him tommorrow and see what I can get it for....obviously we'll still have to ship it.... Im gonna guess and say I could get one for around 100-150.00, but I will call if you say go....Dave

Will need to know the trim level...

Hey Dave, thanks for the offer. Go ahead and see what your guy can get one for, and the shipping to 76052. It doesn't need to be "perfect"; though it's a nice truck, it's going to get used, it's not a show piece. I've attached a photo of the front so you can see the configuration. It's an XLT w/rub strip and no cooling openings. Hopefully, it's fairly common.

Thanks!

JD

Attachments

• 92 F-150.jpg
    92 F-150.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
In other words fellas, he's loaded and would rather buy one than get dirty at some old "poor man's" junkyard:rolleyes::p

hehehe.

www.jcwhitney.com

-Tony

Here ya go, I did the poor mans work
http://www.jcwhitney.com/REPLACEMEN...UniversalSort||p_Product.LONGDESCRIPTION.sort

Hey funny man; I've been scrounging junk yards since the mid '70's! : ) And, I still enjoy hitting the 'yards - when I get the time (you ought to see my stash of SC parts finds). But, between moving recently, a new job, a new house, and business travel, time is tight.

Seriously, thanks for the Whitney tip, I'll add that to the list and see who's cheapest. I just need to get this truck cleaned up ASAP so I can deal with other stuff.

JD

Try this JD, I use them for the outside work I do on occasion when I cant get locally http://car-part.com/
S

Just did a quick search and there is one in Grand Prarie for 250.00 Dakota Auto Parts, Inc. USA-TX(Grand-Prairie) E-mail 1-800-460-2787
and in dallas for 125 GreenLeaf TX Dallas USA-TX(Dallas) E-mail 1-800-552-1534

Thanks; that's a powerful site! Looks like it's easy to find anything. The ones you found will be good to compare to the cost/shipping of a new one. May be the way to go. I'll save that link for future use with my other vehicles.

JD

Back