PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic clutch line not fitting

decipha
07-20-2008, 10:15 PM
i recently swapped out my aod for a 5spd and i have the swap just about complete except for the hydraulic clutch line. My hydraulic line won't clip into my slave cylinder. It seems as thought the hydraulic line is too small to lock in the slave. I even purchased a new slave and was about to yank out the trany to replace it when i realized the new slave is the exact same as the one i have now.

anyway, heres a few pics, i have the collar installed in the slave and it still seems as though the hydraulic line is too small still.

http://a759.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_27ef4ed2caacff86f273993c260f8a5e.jpg
http://a343.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/16/l_06907e50673943261e6271354b088776.jpg

all help is greatly appreciated. I really hate to say it but i think I need a new hydraulic line.

NickM
07-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Try opening the bleeder screw. If the slave has fluid under pressure in it, this may make the difference.

Nick

Hock
07-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Their not the tightest fiten things out there. It does look as if having the collar in the socket instead of on the line is keeping it from locking in.

talonhead
07-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Their not the tightest fiten things out there. It does look as if having the collar in the socket instead of on the line is keeping it from locking in.

the white ring in the socket is suposed to be around the tube to push the keeper 'teeth' out to remove the tube from the disconnect.
MikeH

Mike8675309
07-21-2008, 07:35 AM
As others said, the plastic release ring is in the wrong place.
Line should look like this:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~miketoni/images/tbird/clutch/clutchfittingline.jpg

Slave should look like this:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~miketoni/images/tbird/clutch/slavefitting.jpg

decipha
07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
whoa... that hydraulic line you have is almost twice the diameter of mine... the white collar i have won't fit around the hydraulic line, the hydraulic line is wayyy too small

my hydraulic line looks nothing like yours, the line is the same but you have a fat piece of metal on the end of yours, mine is just a bare plastic line.

this sucks, now i need to source another hydraulic clutch line after i payed $60 bucks just for this one.

Mike8675309
07-21-2008, 08:41 PM
89-??? Ford Ranger and Ford F150 should have similar lines. Don't know if anyone has found out if they are exact.

that fitting is an Aluminum sealed fitting. It won't let fluid dribble out of it, just like the slave fitting won't. Only when locked in place does it open.

Duffy Floyd
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Rockauto has a listing for new SC hydraulic lines. Centrix is the supplier. Have no idea if it is correct until someone tries one to see.....wait....in another thread I think someone DID say they tried it and it worked out just fine. Might want to do a search.

decipha
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
the ranger and f150 lines are a different length then ours and doesn't have the same bends, it can be cut and butted with some rubber hose and a couple hose clamps but even still i can't source one of those.

mine has got to be messed up then, because when i depressed the clutch pedal the line skeeted out brake fluid.

im checking out rockauto right now... $51.91 is cheaper than what i paid for mine used!

i hate people that part out s/c's to make money... tis sucks, i wonder if the guy i bought it from would be willing to give me a partial refund... hmmm

Mike8675309
07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
mine has got to be messed up then, because when i depressed the clutch pedal the line skeeted out brake fluid.

I'm not saying you can't force fluid out that fitting. It's just designed not to allow the fluid to leak out.

I swapped my transmission, moved the slave from the old one to the new one, and put it all back together and down the road. Not a drop of fluid came out, and not a bubble of air got in.

decipha
07-23-2008, 05:26 PM
well mines deff bad then cause after sitting a few hours it leaked all the fluid out the line

looks like centrix is getting my coin

Young-SC-Owner
07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
when i depressed the clutch pedal the line skeeted out brake fluid.

I was under the impression it was like sooopa bad to press the clutch down when the slave wasnt hooked up:eek:

Hock
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Thought it looked funny in the picture.

Looks like the end got blown off of it.

decipha
07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
yeah i think so, either way it sucks, i paid $60 for this line and its useless.