lost my brakes!

BrentSC

recently my ABS and ebrake light have been comming on every once in awhile. and i could hear something still working like a pump going after i shut the car off it would go off for about 10 mins then cut out. this noise was comming from right under the brake fluid container. today as usual both the lights came on on my dash ABS and ebrake i was comming up to a stop sighn and the petal went rock hard i lost my power brakes i pushed as hard as i could and turned the car to the side of the road passing cars that were stopped at the stop sighn then cranked it around the corner to the right luckly i didnt get into an accident. so im wondering what i should replace to get the car back on the road. the ABS relay is what im leaning towards. do you guys think that will fix the problem??? thanks alot!!

Brent

so what do you guys think, should i get a used accumilator or should i go to somewhere like supercoupe performance and get one? what do you guys suggest is the best idea and where is the best place i can pick one up at?

Could be a bad accumulator combined with a bad ABS Pump Motor Relay too. That is the reason (a bad relay) the pump keeps running after you shut off the car. It could also be the reason you are intermittently getting the lights if the relay is sticking preventing the pump from running when it needs to as well as causing it to run longer than needed. Also a cheap fx. Do a search on the board to get the details and replace the relay before springing for a new accumulator.

so what do you guys think, should i get a used accumilator or should i go to somewhere like supercoupe performance and get one? what do you guys suggest is the best idea and where is the best place i can pick one up at?

Do the abs delete............:D

Back