PDA

View Full Version : Just ran codes...what does this mean?

BlkSCnKS
09-12-2002, 04:07 PM
I just got done running codes and I got a 214 which is "Distibutorless Ignition System Cylinder Identification circuit failure". Anybody have any idea what this means and how I can fix it? I just bought my '95 a little over a month ago and it still doesn't feel right. I think my '91 could spank my '95. Any help would be appreciated. Brandon

LJGriggs
09-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a problem with the cam sensor

214 C (continuous Memory) Cylinder identification circuit failure

If not, then it would be related to the DIS module.

At any rate, according to the info I have, this is a stored code and so there may not be any current malfunction in the system. I would try to clear all the stored codes, and check the system again if you notice any problems.

BlkSCnKS
09-12-2002, 11:23 PM
I just unplugged the battery for over 2 hours over the weekend so it should have forgotten, right? Although ever since then, the car takes about a minute to idle and it doesn't matter how long I drive it. I can let it idle down, move the car 15 feet, stop, and it will still take it about a minute to idle back down. And like I said earlier, it seems to have a lack of power compared to my unmodified '91 SC. Should I go ahead and just replace the cam sensor? Thanks, Brandon

Coast to Coast SC
09-12-2002, 11:40 PM
If it stills feels funny after clearing the codes...it should. The re-learn is not exactly fast on these cars. I've known some to stay moody for up to 15 starts. The trick seems to be to let it idle and give it time to figure stuff out. If auto, let it sit in park for five minutes or so (if your cooling system is up to it. Keep all accesories off (AC, lights etc...)during the re-learn. This is the way Ford techs do it (I believe) so there aren't a bunch of p.o.'ed customers everyday. If it stills feel funny, check those codes again and if 214 shows up, replace the CID (cam sensor). Its an easy job (two screws and a plug) and a relatively cheap part.

Good luck,
Anthony

fastsc92
09-13-2002, 06:56 AM
its the cam sensor...i got the same exact codes. They have the part at autozone for 29 bucks....takes 5 min to change it.