codes

scbird1

This is on my 96 but does anyone know what {P0102, Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input} means? Im stumped????

It means the signal from the MAF is lower than expected (outside of expected value).

What other symptoms do you have?

You might want to try cleaning the MAF electrical connector and apply new silcone grease. Just a guess but I did have this problem once on the 92 and it caused intermittent bogging and caused a massive lean condition. Don O'Neil suggested this solution to me after chasing it for 18 months and not finding the cause on my own.

Thanks Duffy, ill give that a try. No other symptoms just a hi idle at times. Thought it was the IAC and replaced that but today it acted up and threw a code.

I pulled the maf and found a sticker on the side that said it was a remanufactured part. I cleaned up what I could and added some silicone grease. Time will tell but it does not do it all the time, just out of the blue it will act up. I also have a slight miss I can hear but it not constant and the plugs and wires have been replaced just last week.

Back