Double Intercooler mounting

kenewagner

Can any of you guys post a picture of the angle coming off the radiator bracket cut to allow a double Intercooler to fit. I have a guy wanting to see how it is done and cant seem to find a picture of one by going through search.

Ken

My double intercooler is sloped at the front edge and requires no cutting or changes to a stock rad. including the IC bracketry. Of course if you want to remove the radiator you have to pull the IC. This has been the case with both stock radiators and the aftermarket.

I didn't have to cut mine either. You just have to angle it a little bit towards the motor and it will slide right in. I've taken mine out and put it in so many times, its really easy.

I didn't have to cut mine either. You just have to angle it a little bit towards the motor and it will slide right in. I've taken mine out and put it in so many times, its really easy.

There is a bolt going through the PS bracket through the upper tube, if you remove that bolt, the upper pipe moves much, much more freely and you can play with it from there. That was the case with the raised top I bought.

Can any of you guys post a picture of the angle coming off the radiator bracket cut to allow a double Intercooler to fit. I have a guy wanting to see how it is done and cant seem to find a picture of one by going through search.

Ken

Ken

Here is a picture of my car with the double intercooler removed you need to notch cut the upper radiator bracket to fit it in. The intercooler angle is same as stock

I will see if I can find the intercooler pictures installed I posted some I think in my old 10 second thread in the racing fourm

Attachments

• Dcp_1061.jpg
    Dcp_1061.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 200
Ken - this is the best one I've got. I thought maybe I had one better - it's not the best but may get the idea.

-Melon

Attachments

• 100_0375.jpg
    100_0375.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 167
Thanks Jim, & Andy for the pictures. I guess I never realized that if the top slopes down to nothing it is unlikely that the angle needs to be cut. Regardless if it does, One can see from the pictures where & how much.

Ken

My Current Installed Double IC

Here is my unit as installed. Note overhang of the IC Bracket to the front edge of IC and also limited clearance to PS Pump Pulley with IC Fan installed. No IC Bellows were needed since I was already pretty tight to the bracketry.

Attachments

• Double IC Installed 001.jpg
    Double IC Installed 001.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Double IC Installed 002.jpg
    Double IC Installed 002.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Double IC Installed 003.jpg
    Double IC Installed 003.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Double IC Installed 004.jpg
    Double IC Installed 004.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 116
I'm using a 94/95 SC radiator in my Mustang. I removed a small portion of radiator support above the IC.
In the end I really did not need to, but it does making install and removal easier. :)

stangdouble.JPG

Back