cabin air filter

94soupecoupe

do our cars have a cabin air filter. i dont think so. but im not sure.

cause i got a weird smell coming from the air vents when i put the heat on tonight (it was 62 and i was cold). not sure what it might be and i thought it might be that.

thanks for the help

There is some product out there that will disinfect that, it could be a number of things, mold,water and the worst case scenario is a leaking evaporator,I doubt that tho.Check your local parts store,and no they dont have cabin filters

Have you had a heater core go out/leak? That can leave a nice puddle of mold growing coolant in the bottom of the heater assembly. Found that out the hard way. After cleaning out everything I put the fan on high and sprayed half a can of Lysol through the system to kill everything. That was about 3 years ago and so far so good. Check the cowl vents as well. There might be something there as well.

Good luck.

do our cars have a cabin air filter. i dont think so. but im not sure.

cause i got a weird smell coming from the air vents when i put the heat on tonight (it was 62 and i was cold). not sure what it might be and i thought it might be that.

thanks for the help

I haven't been driving my car latley, but when I get back in it and use the A/C it almost has a basement but not quite musty odor. My buddies 98 cobra does it to, he says its the water that lays in the tubing or something, both have the same smell, stale water is another good description.

Make sure the condensation drain line is kept clear to prevent water build-up. I've seen cars with lots of trash in these lines. A piece of wire, a garden hose, and compressed air will help get it cleared out.

JD

Back