DIY chipping (burning/tuning) status now?

Jogi

Information about DIY chip burning for SC seems to be scattered around.. so why not make this thread the source for all who seek this info.

I'll try to keep this first post updated with links that appear in this thread.
I have not much detailed knowledge about different DIY chip burning HW & SW so you who are played with DIY chipping & tuning please share you knowledge.

I start with my soon-to-be setup for DIY chipping:
- Moates Burn1 + F2E + F2A + F3 (check moates.net for details... )

My current problem is that there is lot of software to edit bin files... like TunerPro, EEC Editor, Binaryeditor. Some of them are commercial and some free, problem is that there are not much info if there are suitable "definition" files for SC EEC-IV.. in my case A9U2. And if there are they are no cross compatible with different software.
EEC Editor author was very helpful and produced quickly a A9U2 def file over year ago but sadly file is somehow corrupt.. I have contacted him again so we'll see if things get better soon.

So what is status of definition files vs. software now?
And what about tutorials & guides for playing around SC bins?
And what about tunes... there must be lot of EEC-IV DIY mustang tunes around but it is my impression that there is no that kind of community effort with SC tunes... sure there are few fellows that offer their basetune/tuning services..

Oh well,.. renewing membership seems to take weeks...

Can anyone help with this...
- Is it possible to read SCT chip correctly with Burn1? (yes I have adapters..)
I did read original A9U2 rom and it went ok and values seems to be right, but when reading my SCT chip most of values were very different compared to the original rom... I used EEC Editor to read rom & chip but as I do not have working definition for that program. Then I used Binaryeditor to browse values of these rom dumps.. I have bought binary editor and I'm waiting registering key to it so I could not use Binaryeditor as chip/rom reader for these files.

Edit: ok, I got it working now.. chip issue resolved :)

Last edited:
Somehow the definitions for the GURE strategy that covers the 89-90 SC's is about 90% defined if not more. I'd also venture to guess that the GSALI which will cover the 91-93 SC's are covered about around 90% as is the CZAW0 strategy that covers the 94-95 SC's.

In fact I'd venture to guess that the definitions for the SC are more defined than most of the Mustang one's are for those years now ;).

Frit

Last edited:
That sounds good, or at least it allows lot of settings to be changed.. :)
I just checked modifications that were in "mail order" SCT chip (by earlier owner,.. I have not added any parts that would need changes) there are not that many changed values... but if folks do not want talk here in open forum about the adjustments I have to wait till my membership allows me to move to the tuning forum.

fturner: I have sent an email to you about the GURE def... :)

It takes more then weeks. It takes months to get the membership through.

How is that possible, paypal payment/receip might be available withing hours.. and here is, how much, 1800..2000 paying members?? ... ok, that makes under 10 per day... ok, admins/owners have more life than this site, but still, few months is too much waiting time.. they should pay someone to get memberships worked up-to-date. My tuning "Hobby" takes nosedive if I have to wait months to able use tuning forum.. sorry if this sounds harsh but it is practically winter here after few months and then my car hobbies just stop :(

Back