Replacing motor, What do I need?

superdadsc

I am putting in a new motor. What do I need to replace while it is being done. Stuff like teflon seals,o2 sensor etc. Is there basic stuff that should be replaced that if it isn't done will cause me problems getting her to run properly. Just pretend that I am:eek: dummy Stephen

If i dont sell my car im sure i will have a rebuilt long block for sale sale with about 5k on it! im ready to do a v8 swap.

Im actually thinking of going the 460 route if i do it! That will move one of these heavy things around pretty nicely! I know a guy that has a LTD sitting in his yard with a 460/c6 i could get for cheap!

Check the motor mounts. If they are bad check that the oilpan hasn't rubbed to bad on the frame.
If its a 5spd hows the clutch?
When the motors out its a good time to clean the motor bay up a bit.
Tony

BIG BOX of Band Aids, Collection of a bunch of choice words, peroxide and a truck load of patience.
Put away all guns, make the old lady leave and remove any explosives from the premises.

S

Got new motor mounts from Chuck, They look awesome. In regards to the clutch, should I do the whole deal clutch, flywheel etc or is there a good way to do a solid rebuild. First 5 spd rebuild.:D

Back