abs relay

BrentSC

hey , im wondering if an accumulator ball off a regular thunderbird like an LX will work on a SC like mine. i talked to ford and they said it would. of course their price on an accumulator was wayyyy to much but the autoparts store said they have a regular thunderbird accumulator and it says for non supercharged modles only? should i purchase this anyways?

and for the abs relay switch Ford could not find one im wondering where to get one ill probably have to order it from the states. im from canada most of my shopping is done in the states anyways but if anyone knows anything or can help me out it would be awesome because for now i have no ride!

thanks alot

Brent

I would believe they are the same (Accumulator), both of the ones i got came from the dealership and they looked it up under the car i was looking for one for a '91 XR7 and '91 SC, BOTH where the same if that matters...

ARGH.. i sorry.. Ford should be able to get you the ABS pump Relay, i recently got one from them myself (for the SC ).. Just make shure they are looking up the `brown' one..

I do not have the bag on me that it came in, i still have it but it's in another car like 15 miles away :) I'll be heading that way again in the next few days?? and i think you can get it VIA a parts store for cheaper thou.. But allot of brands don't have it..

But i paid like $280 something for my accumulator, and like $25 for the relay? All through Ford..

Maybe with a search on here, you can find the Ford part number for the relay

Go to Autozone or Advance Auto, get a GP Sorenson Relay MR120. Should cost about $14 or so. Of find the aftermarket relay in a Canadian Auto Parts store of your choice.

Depends on the part number of the accumulator as to if they will work. There were two versions...E80Y-2C231-A is the one that works on an SC. The "B" version had a shorter nipple. www.priorreman.com sells a Teves replacement. Not sure if they will ship to Canada....but only $100.00 or so if they will and if they have them in stock.

I was wondering the same thing....

I came across two ABS units (one in a bird, the other in a cougar) at our local pull-a-part....

The last year or two the Turbo Coupes had a Teves Mark II ABS System. Those are the ones that I am not sure if they will work. All of the 89-92 Teves Mark II systems used in T Birds and Cougars should have the same Accumulator.

Go to Autozone or Advance Auto, get a GP Sorenson Relay MR120. Should cost about $14 or so. Of find the aftermarket relay in a Canadian Auto Parts store of your choice.

Hi Duffy - Is the Sorenson relay better quality then the Ford relay in your opinion? I'm kinda frustrated today as I put in the Ford relay about a year ago & today as I headed down the hill the red brake light lit & when I got back home I popped the hood and gave the relay a tap & viola the pump turned on so I think that Ford relay crapped out already. Now the car has been sitting for a few weeks & the battery was barely able to start the car, not sure if that may be part of the problem but my gut says not.
Thanks
Arnold In The Smokies

I don't have an opinion as to the quality of the two relays. I just listed the aftermarket one cause it is/was cheaper than the OEM one.

Just make sure the Accumulator is in good shape.. if it's failing or has failed.. you will go through ABS pump Relays pretty quickly

Just make sure the Accumulator is in good shape.. if it's failing or has failed.. you will go through ABS pump Relays pretty quickly
It "should be" in good shape as my dad had all of the ABS replace at Ford not to many miles ago, is there a way to check/test it that doesnt necessitate removing the master cylinder?
Thanks

Back