PDA

View Full Version : Our Factory Ford 427 A/FX Mustang in "Ford Dearborn Calendar"

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Jackson Bros. Fairfeild Calif

Just to give you info on Jammie Jacksons drag race videos if you like to see the West Coast drag racing history on many video's here it is. Jammie did a few in depth video's on my Blown Alcohol P/M 57tbird and me and my dads A/FX Holman Moody 427 factory built 65 Mustang 4 time NDRA series A/FX Champion. Plus Half Moon Bay Reunion featuring the 57tbird and 427 R code Galaxie lots of history. And soon to come "Silver Bullet" history making tbird from grass roots begining to todays high speed low 9 second and soon 8 second history making performances. For you young guys this is a neat deal to see the way it was and how fun drag racing was and still is today

Look through the many west coast video files and order now you may remember Fremont and a few others long gone but not the memories
http://www.precision-illustration.com/Store_JB_DVDs.html#Anchor-11481

racecougar
07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Which videos have coverage of your '57 Tbird and your dad's '65 Mustang? I looked down the list, but I couldn't find your names.

On a side note, when are you running your SC next?

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Which videos have coverage of your '57 Tbird and your dad's '65 Mustang? I looked down the list, but I couldn't find your names.

On a side note, when are you running your SC next?

Jammie Jackson

He and his brother Sony did two videos on the the A/FX Mustang from Fremont to Bakersfeild the 57tbird from Pomona to Infineon. The A/FX Mustang is in the Fremont last drag race as well. Jammie made them for the family they have real nice sound and color very well done. He has the master copies to make more. I also have the 97 Speedvision video of the 57tbird at Pomona that aired on TV "American Hot Rodder"

The SC we are looking at August 15th or the 22nd Medford got pushed back one week. This will give us time to work more on the IRS last time out it got a little wild at the 330 mark crossing the centerline we feel we got a handel on that now

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Dearborn Flash Back

Just to let you know there still is 2008 calendars you can get with our A/FX Holman Moody 427 factory built Mustang center row 2nd from left. The 2009 calandar will have the 57tbird and our 427 SOHC Holman Moody built Pro Stock Maverick

To place order
http://www.lulu.com/content/1706197

dwayne
07-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Great info Jim,I want a calender,Great post.

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Thanks Dwayne

Jamie Jackson did some nice videos on both cars lots of history glad they did such a great job. Also Ford Flash Back putting together my web page Speedvision was great at Pomona filming the 57tbird and aired on "American Hot Rodder"

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Dwayne

We might go testing sooner Chuck has the IRS fine tuned with the Vari Quick Set 2 double adjustable shocks. We now set the limiters to 3" travel on the front we are fine tuning the suspension to pick up the 60ft and 330 he's been doing a lot of figuring out what it likes and what tune setup is needed on the shocks

Jim Waldo gave us some ideas with help from Total Control I think we have a good setup to run for a new record

dwayne
07-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Jim,with Chuck dailing the irs you should get what you want.

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Jim,with Chuck dailing the irs you should get what you want.

He is a Pro

He does nice chassies work fine race car builder we are getting it ready for testing this Friday if all goes to plan. We are looking to nail that Nor-cal 1320 spot that our goal it set at. We are the fastest Ford in there top 10 and the only tbird V6 M90 powerd beast

Them Chevy, Pontiac and Mopar's are taking notice in the 1320 thats a great feeling plus getting the SCCoA noticed as well

dwayne
07-30-2008, 01:12 AM
I got faith in you and your team,you WILL set your goals.

David Neibert
08-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I got faith in you and your team,you WILL set your goals.

Dwayne,

Setting goals are easy...reaching them is the difficult part.

David

dwayne
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Have real good dragracing videos,I might order the shoebox dream door slammer video.

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-22-2008, 10:58 PM

Dwayne

I seen the Dearborn Flash Back calendar Mike Susa has with our A/FX Mustang in it real nice I got two coming next year the 57tbird and Pro Stock Maverick will be in it cant waite. Its still in the works getting the Maverick back to restore to its 70's Pro Stock trim for the NHRA Nostalgia Pro Stock events

Payton
08-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Dwayne,

Setting goals are easy...reaching them is the difficult part.

David

Priceless:D

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 12:53 AM
New Project 2009

Nostalgia Pro Stock looking to get my dads car back to restore put the 427 SOHC Hemi back in it top loader 4 speed Ford double disck clutch. It had an Art Himsel paint job was a beautiful car hope to get it back to its 1970's Pro Stock Form. We tracked the car down to its location Seattle Washington sad part it been sitting in a feild with grass growing in it for two years. Its a special Holman Moody built car with Dana rearend special spring towers light weight glass parts

dwayne
08-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Hope you get her back .

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Hope you get her back .

Dwayne

I hope to go see the car in Washington this coming Labor Day hoilday see what condition its in. Larry Napp and Earl Wade are going to help in locating some of the rare Cammer parts Award winning painter and family member Art Himsel will repaint the car as it was than