PDA

View Full Version : Spec 2 and Spec Aluminum Flywheel

BirdofPrey97
07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Guys,

I honestly don't know how good of a deal this is, but this is what I found.

Today, I can order up to 3 Aluminum Flywheels and 3 Spec 2 clutches for $620.00 each total of $1,860.00. So 1 Flywheel and one clutch would cost you $620.00. If 5 or more get on the list it will get cheaper, but how much I dont know at this point. The vendor can't release a number until I have an assured number to give him. The $620 applies to the first 3. If more than 3 are paid for all of them will get cheaper and those numbers will be known once that number of people are figured out, so I can take it to the vendor.

What is needed:

Number of Interested that will HAVE the money by August 15th please let me know.

Have done group buys before and you can look at my ratings if you have any questions please let me know.

Mike8675309
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
$620 each (aluminum flywheel plus PressurePlate plus clutch disk)?

Pretty good deal. There is a june special right now for direct purchases that would bring the number to 647.00 + shipping. Otherwise it's $768 list price.

BirdofPrey97
08-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks Mike appreciate the info. If we can get 5 or more people it will get cheaper. I am on the fence between the Centerforce and the spec 2. Wondering how much TQ will be putting down if I dont need to step up to spec 3 with the MPX @ 25% OD with a few more mods added. Haven't seen too many dyno sheets with the MPX installed.

mywhite89
08-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks Mike appreciate the info. If we can get 5 or more people it will get cheaper. I am on the fence between the Centerforce and the spec 2. Wondering how much TQ will be putting down if I dont need to step up to spec 3 with the MPX @ 25% OD with a few more mods added. Haven't seen too many dyno sheets with the MPX installed.

Sorry I can't get you my dyno sheet, but I run the MPX at 25% overdrive with a spec II clutch and aluminum flywheel. I would be surprised to see a car making more then 425rwtq with this setup. At right around 400rwtq my spec II holds up just fine, but I havent put it to the true test on a 1st gear launch using Mickey Thompson's yet. If you don't run race gas or methanol injection, you arn't going to be able to run as much timing with 25% OD, so power increase for a daily driver car wont be significant.

I would rather have my clutch slip then something break, so spec II is the best I'll ever go clutch-wise with the M5R2. This clutch grips very well.

Chris

BirdofPrey97
08-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Guys,

Is there just no interest in these items?

Is there an issue with purchasing these products that I am unaware of?

Another combination preferred?

Let me know be happy to look into it. Just trying to get my car setup the way I would like it, so thought would help others out as well, but not getting any feedback to help anyone out.?.?.

XR7 Dave
08-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Guys,

Is there an issue with purchasing these products that I am unaware of?

Another combination preferred?

Let me know be happy to look into it. Just trying to get my car setup the way I would like it, so thought would help others out as well, but not getting any feedback to help anyone out.?.?.

A quick search around here should point you in the direction of some possible issues. ;)

BirdofPrey97
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
A quick search around here should point you in the direction of some possible issues. ;)

Dave,

Did a tally and it comes to almost a 50/50 on who likes this kit and how doesn't. Ton of people saying "I heard ........", but not many people that have actually used the product posted alot of information.

Guys, if a Centerforce DF is preferred please let me know. See what I can get for pricing on that item. I am flexible and just trying to help the group get what they want. Speak now or forever hold your piece. :)

Get some prices posted for the CF DF as soon as I get some ya or nas to that setup.............. Waiting to hear from you folks..........

Greg Coleman
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I am about to put my alluminum flywheel on with my rebuilt 94 5 speed tranny,ripper shifter and a df center force clutch and I want to make sure it is a good combo.:D

Flip
08-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I would be interested in a Centerforce DF setup only, no Alum. Flywheel. If you get some pricing let me know. Seems like they go for around $310 plus shipping from most suppliers.

Flip

BirdofPrey97
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Flip, if you want just the clutch I can tell you where to get it shipped to you for 297.10 I believe was the change on it. I know it was 297 and change.

Flip
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Flip, if you want just the clutch I can tell you where to get it shipped to you for 297.10 I believe was the change on it. I know it was 297 and change.

Hey,
That would be great, send me the contact info..
Thanks,
Flip