PDA

View Full Version : Can't find ABS accumulator

kieron
07-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi, my 92 SC has been in the shop for three weeks and the only thing hanging it up is that they can't find an accumulator. It's the one with the short connector. I can pull it off my other SC that's not running, but I really don't want to do that. Any ideas on where I can get one? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Kieron

S_Mazza
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Ford warehouses may have them. People reported getting them from Ford dealers only a few months ago. The cost was something under $200. Prior Remanufacturing in Texas has them, but they were recently back-ordered by several weeks at least. The parts come from Germany, I think. I don't know if Prior's situation has cleared up yet or what. You can reach them at www.priorreman.com. The online catalog does not show the accumulator as a separate part, so you need to call them to order it. When I got one a year or two ago, it cost under $150.

By the way, I think that the ball with the short connector will replace the long connector just fine, although not the other way around.

kieron
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I called Prior and It's going out today. Thanks again.
Kieron

S_Mazza
08-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm glad I could help. Welcome to the boards.