more clutch ?s

camaro03

i think its definatly time to replace my new clutch (guess i should of replaced the pressure plate, and throwout bearing when i did it) it was slipping so bad today a civic just about beat me, icouldn't beleive that he kept up with me, i know everyone recomends the cf dual friction, but how much would that cost me and what size would i need? i think the one i jst put in it was a cf2, oh where could i go to get my flywheel resurfaced? oh is there any clutches out there cheaper? and what are there disadvantages? thanks everyone

Clutch

A clutch has its maximum gripping power halfway through its life span. There is little difference between a racing clutch and a good clutch other than a racing clutch gets to its half life much faster and grips a little better. This means it will burn out more quickly. I have a LUK clutch in my COupe and i have no problem rolling the tires off into third gear, I can dump it in second gear from a dead stop and it will still hold enough to burn the tires off. It engages smoothly and is not a bear in traffic, and it will last a lot longer than a Performance Friction ( though they are good for racing). Go with a LUK if you want good all around performance and long life, and don't worry you will still be able to race. I believe the LuK set number is 07-070 and it will run you between 136 and 170 bucks. http://www.lukclutch.com/automotive/

I have had mine for a while and it is still working fine. Hope this helps.

Back