Window Switch Problem

the-big-e

I have this problem with two of my SCs right now and thought I would find out if others have had and fixed this problem before I start to tear into it....

The drivers side window works fine, but the passenger side window will not work from the drivers side switches......

The passenger side switch works fine and the the window will go up and down....

I have tried three other switches and they all do the same thing.....

Any suggestions....

Going by the schematics, only the driver's side switch can cause this problem. Have you first verified that the replacement switches work in a car without this problem?

Not yet....

I have 10 other cars to try them out on.....:p

I know you can ohm's thru them to check them out.....

I've done that for the single switches, but I have never done that on the double switches.....

I just went thru the exact same problem, the problem with mine was the drivers double switch.You say you have tried 3 other switches, well then it sounds like a relay problem.Mine was fixed when i replaced the drivers side double switch.

Pull the switch cover off and the switch (if I remember correctly) is the same for the drivers side and the passenger side once you get the cover removed. Just pull the drivers side switch out and stick it in the holes for the pass side. If it works you are golden. BUT, I believe you have a different problem in the wiring. Can you roll it down with the pass side and up with the drivers side? Or will it not work either way? If it will not work either way, ususlly that means you have a short (still could be in the switch). But it uses the same power inlet for both up and down. The pass side does not need that supply to be attached (again if I remember correctly). Try the switch first and let me know. If that does not fix it, I will look at a schematic and tell you where to check.

Chris

Problem solved.....:D

I swapped the two switches on the PS (widow switch for the lock switch and vice versa).....

PS window will now go up and down from the DS switch.....:D:D

Gotta love the simple fixes......

Back