View Full Version : Hose info

08-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Somehow, someway, the curved hose that runs from the thermostat housing on the intake to the water pump has gotten a hole in it. It appears that it was rubbed by the sc pulley or belt, although there seems to be enough clearance ( at least now :rolleyes: )for that not to happen. But that's what it looks like happened anyway. :confused: Maybe the tensioner is so worn that the belt was flopping around. :eek: :rolleyes:
Anyway, is that hose refered to as the heat hose or water pump hose? Just want to be able to give them the right name/description, to ensure they give me the right hose.


08-04-2008, 11:51 AM
If your talking about the one in the pic - I have always called it the bypass hose. Also a link for Autozone.



08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah, that's it. I took it off and took it with me to make sure. It has a small groove in it, like it rubbed on something. Weird! :eek: