Can I add a OEM remote keyless entry in my 89 XR-7?

steelman

Hi All

I am curious to know if I can add a factory remote key less entry system for my 89 XR-7?I know there are allot of aftermarket systems but I am slowly restoring it and only want OEM. I am not sure if it helps but I have the key less entry pad, I think there is some sort of module that is required...but what exactly do I need? Any help would be great!!

Thanks

if the car is factory with the pad you can jump the terminals on a unplugged connector by the module with the key in the "on" position and press lock on the remote. simple as that.

if it doesnt have any of it stock you will need the body harness and the module to get it working.

Last edited:
The car does have the entry pad from the factory.....but if what you say is correct what remote fob would I need?
Thanks

i would assume any with the 4 buttons (trunk/panic/lock unlock) from a 90's ford car, i doubt they are model specific. i think dealers still sell them new for pretty cheap.

I converted my '90 SC to factory remote keyless entry several years ago. The car already had the keyless entry option with the keypad on the driver's door.

Here is a link to an old message thread that details what I had to do:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10453

It's quite a bit of work but it functions great and can easily be reverted back to the original, non-remote set-up.

Thanks, I was searching last night and came across that, I am going to try it and see how it turn out. You did an AWESOME job ! I saved your pic and will go of that..if you ever want to sell your key less system let me know you let me know!

Back