Bumper swap

Sorry to point out the obvious, but wouldn't you have more luck asking on a Cougar forum, since you're going from tbird--->to cougar...? :)

Is it a standard (199x?) cougar or an xr7? SC or LX donor?

I've looked at dismantled birds and cougars in the yards, and to me they same to be identical from the bumper down...

Last edited:
The SC or LX bumpers don't have the little deviation where the bumper cover goes under the Cougar grill....

SCs and LXs are straight.....

Attachments

• Car stuff 068.jpg
    Car stuff 068.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 96
Some Cougars came with that style of bumper.....

That one looks like a 93 or 94

which cougars? this one? looks to me like 91 or 92. 93 had a tacky piece of chrome orbiting the car.
attachment.php

looks to me like a modified 89 - 93 sc front bumper

I know that it isn't an 89 or 90....:rolleyes:

They had the grills mounted to the hood....

All later years had the grill seperate from the hood.....

I could be a 96....

It has SC GFXs on it though.....

Some Cougars came with that style of bumper.....

That one looks like a 93 or 94

corgars never came with the thunderbird bumper. there was the 91-93 version, then the 94/5 version, which was just a smoother version of the 91-93.

the blue 92 is Kevin's car from Tccoa

Last edited:
I've always thought about doing that to my car. Now that I see it, I really want to, that looks fuggin sweet!
BTW that nose is definitely not a 96, the nose on those was a lot different. That looks like a modified SC bumper.

can you say identity crisis? t-bird badges and cougar badges.:pj.k. the lights and the hood combo look too much like the face of an eagle. even the holes in the bumper look like the nostrils in the beak. i dont think it suits the coug to do the whole package. even the 94 bumper looks like whiskers where the holes are. ya i'm a little:rolleyes:out there:rolleyes: but i can only do the bumper if i were to change over but might just get a xenon front and rear but i need a new bumper anyway

Back