Rpm window switch install?

BLOWN38

SCCoA Member
How do I hook a RPM window switch up to a 94-95 SC for the Rpm signal? The switch is the MSD digital model msd-8969 window switch link

MSD says to hook it to the coil pack ground wire. would that be one of the 3 wires in the coil pack plug that is not red? I believe they are grey with different color tracers.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks David. Thats what I thought, but wanted to make sure before i fried 127 bucks. Another ? for you. Did you use the 3000 and 6000 pills or did you have to double the rpm cause of the waste fire? Actually never mind this digital one is programable for waste fire systems, but you can still answer incase anyone else needs to know.

Thanks David. Thats what I thought, but wanted to make sure before i fried 127 bucks. Another ? for you. Did you use the 3000 and 6000 pills or did you have to double the rpm cause of the waste fire? Actually never mind this digital one is programable for waste fire systems, but you can still answer incase anyone else needs to know.

Chris,

Yes I used the 3000 and 6000 rpm pills. I never really liked the way it momentaraly delayed the activation of the nitrous system and with 5 degrees less timing it came out off the line pretty soft for the first 5 or 10 feet. I also didn't like it shutting down at 6000 rpm because I was usually shifting higher than that.

I eventually removed it and later found out that the delayed activation was really caused from setting the fuel pressure safety switch too high. Worked fine without it, so I eventually sold it. Digital one would have been much better.

I still need to replace that stupid throttle activated limit switch with an electronic one that uses TPS voltage.

David

Are you mounting this in the car or under the hood?

Ima try and find a good spot for it in the car. but if i can't it'll go in the engine bay.

I'll get some pics when I'm done installing.

David, I've never had a problem not using one, but have had a few moments when I wished it was on there and wondered how my motor still lives.

Back