PDA

View Full Version : Idle problem

Sccoupe
09-13-2002, 01:54 AM
When my car is in gear at idle it will surge(vibrate) on and off. I have changed the IAC. My trans has been rebuilt, after it was rebuilt thats when it started i thought it might be the Torque Converter but it is not. If Im stop in gear and down shift into 2nd or 1st it does it. Also it is not the motor mounts i have checked these too. Any suggestions?

LJGriggs
09-13-2002, 08:59 AM
Need a little more info about the SC (model year, tranny, any mods, etc.) Also, where in Georgia are you located? I'm in the Atlanta area (Canton, GA), so if you're not to far away I will be glad to lend a hand.

Red Thunder SC
09-13-2002, 01:39 PM
hahahahahahahaha..............CRUD! You see, I can laugh because I am in the same boat as you. I am currently trying to replace my idler pulleys. DON'T touch the tranny. I thought it was a locked up torque converter, robbing power from system and causing a shutter. Replaced Torque Converter with a "newer" used one, it killed my tranny so I had that rebuilt, and still vibration and rpm flux persisted.
I don't have a quick fix for you but may I suggest we work on this one together?
Stephan.