Another brake problem thread.....

Hock

Ok, before I throw more money and parts at this brake system I need yall's thoughts and experience.

Just did a complete brake job on my 92 (new KVR pads and standard rotors). Before I did this I was having issues with the brake pressure differential valve sensor leaking causing the ABS and the brake lights to come on under hard braking. Needing one in a hurry I managed to find one on a Lincoln with ABS.

Now I got the brake job done tonight and bleed the brakes to let out any air the got in the system from the sensor change and am still getting the ABS and brake lights coming on under hard braking. They will also come on with the key on and engine off when I apply the brakes to hard. ALSO, I noticed the accumulator pump working everytime the brakes where applied. I still get good stopping, I can put the pedal to the floor which I don't think thats good either.

Now, is it possible that the brake pressure differential sensor that I install could be set up for a different setting than the stock one and cause the ABS unit to think that there is not enough pressure or is it more likely that my accumulator ball is bad?

If its the acc ball, is it possible that the one on an extra ABS unit I have may still be good even though it has been off the car for a few years or do you think that the diafram would be bad by now?

ANY help would be great here guys.

Thanks!

Swapping accumulators is the least work at this point, and the most likely need. You can do this without having to bleed again, and your symptoms point to the need. Of course a new one is best, since you're working with something you may not know the history of...but you can at least try without too much risk - just don't test drive near my house :)

just don't test drive near my house :)

Where do you live?:D

Well the old one is off my last SC and worked fine when I pulled it off, but still not sure if it worth trying it or not. I'll try priorreman to see how much one is from them.

Thanks guys!

Back