PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some hands on help

rickbtbird
08-07-2008, 05:51 AM
It sucks getting old :o, but life is life. Last Wednesday evening I ended up at the ER because my blood pressure was 230/110. After they medicated me and a few hours of monitoring I was released. Two days later I did a follow up with my GP and he put me on short term disability until they can come with the correct combo of meds to stabilize my BP. Yup right now Iím a walking time bomb but Iím taking it easy.

So that being that, I thought it would be a good time to spend on putting my SC back together just as long as I work slow and not get too excited. Well bad karma set in and I devolved lower back pain which for the past two days has put me on the recliner.

I have to get the 95 SC back together as the emissions is coming due next month. I got all the tools, parts and associated consumables. Hereís what I need to do:

Install the blower and all associated induction parts.
Install the alternator, cable, battery box and battery.
Tighten down the power steering pump bracket, low pressure hose and purge it full of fluid.
Attach the pulley set and belts.
Run a flush through the radiator and heater and refill.

I'm able to provide some compensation for anybody that's SC savvy that can help me out for a 1/2 a day or more so I can get this ~~~~ back together.

Private message me and we'll exchange info.

fastsc92
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
This is tempting....just because I like to work on SC's and at the momment I'm sick of looking at mine. How far are you away from Boston? How full is your tool collection?

rickbtbird
08-07-2008, 07:32 AM
This is tempting....just because I like to work on SC's and at the momment I'm sick of looking at mine. How far are you away from Boston? How full is your tool collection?

I'm in CT so you're way too far.

fastsc92
08-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Just depends how far from Boston. I have a friend that I was going to visit next week anyways. He lives in Avon/Farmington. A 2 hour drive isn't a big deal since I'll be in the area anyways.

rickbtbird
08-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Just depends how far from Boston. I have a friend that I was going to visit next week anyways. He lives in Avon/Farmington. A 2 hour drive isn't a big deal since I'll be in the area anyways.
Oh, ok well you're going to go right by me on I84 west. I'm about a mile off of exit 67 to Tunnel Road in Vernon. I got most everything one would need for standard wrenching; wrenches, sockets with some air tools and a compressor setup. You shouldn't need to bring anything.

SCrazy
08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Dang Rick I didn't realize you were that close.......

I'm jambed this weekend but let me know if you still need help next week.

rickbtbird
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Dang Rick I didn't realize you were that close.......

I'm jambed this weekend but let me know if you still need help next week.

Thanks for the offer. I'm looking to do this weekend, next weekend or anytime before September so I can get this pile over to the garage for inspection. Monday I have another follow-up and might be back to work come Tuesday. One can't make a living on disability insurance claims... I work for an insurance company anyway.... At least lets hope I don't have to go that route..

rickbtbird
08-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Anybody available this weekend? Weather looks good today!

rickbtbird
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
It's offical, the doctor has recommend that I go on Short Term Disability as of yesterday. I'll be home all week. If anybody wants to come by and help me put the bird back together, I'll be home. Friday I have to go back to see the doc at 2:30pm. Any other time would be good as long as it's not raining outside.

JimmyMan
08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
i'm always willing to help a fellow sc'er. i'm in millville, ma 01529. mapquest it and let me know. i'd be willing to go about 1 1/2 to 2 hour ride.

rickbtbird
08-14-2008, 11:49 PM
i'm always willing to help a fellow sc'er. i'm in millville, ma 01529. mapquest it and let me know. i'd be willing to go about 1 1/2 to 2 hour ride.

You're about 70 miles from me. It would take you less then 90 minutes if traffic goes well. Tomorrow I have doctor appointments in the afternoon so I won't be available after 1pm.

Good news is my blood pressure wasn't too bad this morning. First time in three weeks the systolic pressure was below 130! Soooo.. I popped the hood on the car and played around a bit. I got the Power Steering Pump lower pressure line attached and finished bolting down the bracket today. I laid the blower on the intake and got it into position so tomorrow morning if I'm feeling good I'm going to begin attaching the EGR and vacuum lines. I know it's not much but its progress. Oh yea, I spent about 30 minutes killing a hornets nets. Those creepy little buggers built a home right inside my side view mirror and were swarming around my head while I was in the engine bay. I donít even want to get stung by one of those little buggers. I think I counted 20 dead when the battle ended!

What I got left would normally take a few hours but it will take me the reset of the weekend. I did notice that the fan is off the bottom mounts so I'll have to remove the tops screws and fix that. That shouldn't take long. It's an easy fix.

This weekend would likely be the best time. The wife hasn't any plans as she wants to do some gardening and she's put me on a 10 mile (per trip) limit until things get back to normal.

JimmyMan
08-15-2008, 12:18 AM
saturday morning, maybe 9-10:30 ish would work for me. if that works for you pm me your address so i can mapquest you and i'll see you then.

rickbtbird
08-16-2008, 06:31 PM
saturday morning, maybe 9-10:30 ish would work for me. if that works for you pm me your address so i can mapquest you and i'll see you then.

Man thanks for taking the time and spending the entire day here. You are one hell of a guy! We got the beast running. After you left I rolled it off the ramps and took it around the block and it died on me on the main road outside of my main street. I opened the hood (swearing like a sailor) and after farting around for about 10 minutes I pulled off the coil wire to the main engine harness and an orange rubber insulator fell out. I found that there were two orange rubber isolators, one was inside the connector and the other wasnít needed and was causing the issue. After that it ran well again. Iím back!!! Thanks again.