ABS and Brake Light

enticer79

Both my abs light and brake light are on my 92 sc. They are always on. The brakes seem fine but I remember reading a post a while back about the brakes randomly failing if the lights are on. Where should I start to figure out why the lights are on.

I read that article and checked things over. My pump turns on when the key goes on. Every time i hit the brakes though, it turns on so after reading the article it looks like my accumlator is bad. Does anyone agree with this?

I read that article and checked things over. My pump turns on when the key goes on. Every time i hit the brakes though, it turns on so after reading the article it looks like my accumlator is bad. Does anyone agree with this?

Yes - but there may be a question of the remaining lifespan of the pump if it is already subjected to being run frequently.

Try to replace the accumulator now.

I agree with KMT replace your accumulator. You should get 5-8 brake applications between pump cycles. On a secondary note check your brake fluid level. Your red light will come on when brake fluid gets low and if it gets real low the anti-lock lite will come on also. I had a bad ruuber grommet on plastic tank and brake fluid would slowly leak out and when iy got real low I had both lites on 100% of the time. Brakes still worked fine but.......

Back