97 Cougar Anny 4.6 Dash w/harness

ScrapSC

Hey anyone got a line on where I can locate this dash w/wiring harness. I have checked the local pull-a-part in Louisville and Nada/nothing.

Dayton Chris's if you come across or hear of something let me know.

St. Louis clan let me know if there is something in your area...

Thanks,
Dan, Anthony, Sal

Anthony,

Really! Did you call them? the reason why I'm asking is because they do have one 97, but that one is a 3.8L and 5 96 T-birds in the yard, and I know for sure that there are several 4.6L 96's. Will the 96 wiring harness work to what you need? Let me know, cause I go there quite alot. I follow the website for new T-birds all the time.

Let me know what in specific you want off it and I'll get it for you.

Jeff B.

97 Cougar Anny 4.6 dash w/harness

Hi Jeff,
Anthony wasn't around a computer so he asked me to reply. Not sure if the one off a '97 Cougar 3.8 will work. He pulled a dash off a '96 T-bird (thinking it was the same) and once we had the original dash out the plug that goes outside the firewall is different. The one that we need has a rectangular connector and the '96 had a round connector. If you could check the one on the '97 to see if it's a rectangular plug that would be awesome. I guess he's thinking the whole dash would be easier, but worse case we'll take just the wiring harness. Until we can get down there this weekend, we can try to find out if they are the same (4.6L and 3.8L). Thanks so much for your time. Sally

KYSal said:
The one that we need has a rectangular connector and the '96 had a round connector. If you could check the one on the '97 to see if it's a rectangular plug that would be awesome.

Which side are you referring too on this connector?... up under the left (drivers side) or up under the right (pass. side)?

And actually the 97 that was out at pull-a-part was a t-bird, but I would think they all would be the same though.

Jeff B.

97 Cougar Anny 4.6 dash w/harness

It is the one on the drivers side that connects to the wiring outside wiring under the hood. It actually has a bolt that has to be removed from the engine compartment and it's visible from under the hood as well. I hope I am not confusing you. If need be I can take a picture tonight when I get home, if that help.

Thanks again for all your trouble. Sally

Sally... No your fine! No trouble, I'm just trying to make sure we all are on the same page. I know that my 89 has a round connector under the drivers side and the rectanglar connector the pass. side. I though all were like that?

maybe a picture would help sort out what you are needing?

Jeff B.

I am with you on thinking that they where round on the drivers side and the same, but I was wrong. When I pulled the one out of my daughters 97 cougar it was rectangular instead of round on the drivers side. Of course I did this after I had already pulled one out of a 96 there at pullapart in Louisville. I didnt call them up but must have overlooked the 97 they have. If you are able to check it out and see if the dash is still in tact and what color that would be help a bunch..

I'll do that Anthony... Sally mentioned about being in town (Louisville) this weekend, is that correct? if so... I can PM my cell # and we both can meet up same where in town and go to pull-a-part together and I'll show you where the 97 bird is and those 96's. Would that be cool with you?

thanks!

Jeff B.

Got it in my phone, we'll give you a yell when we head out Saturday morning.

Thanks again, Sal

I hope you guys made it home safe... It was great to have actually met each of you again but this time for real.

I'm glad that we were able to come up with "one good dash" w/all the wiring still attached and not freakin' all cut up, and hope everything goes together as easy as it came off. I'm glad to have helped you out in taking the dash out, it's awhole lot easier than I thought!!

Sal... thanks for the diet pop, sure would have loved one of those cold Ale 8's though!! hehe. I'll for sure take up your offer on that beer in late Sept. at the Shootout.

Good luck on your daughter's 97 Cougar!! Post me up some pic's of the old dash out and this new used one in and some of the car itself, i'd like to see it.

We had great conversion and hope you now it was all fun and games.

Yes, I now.... we'll all try together and run down the track here soon, though I may have you run my SC down the track and watch you, Hah! I'm to chicken ~~~~~ too. I've actually never ran a car down a track, can you believe that!

Anyway.. nice to have met up with you guys and see you in Dayton.

Jeff B.

We ended up getting home around 7pm after a pit stop to eat and checking on a car. Wasnt a bad day at all to pull some parts!!!

Was good to meet up and hang out, even if it was pulling a dash!! LOL

Anthony,Sally..

Just checking back with you guys to see if the donor dash we all pulled was a match and a success on your daughters XR-7

I hope soooo!

Jeff B.

Back