chugs and bogs down

marrart

when i first start the car, its fine. after 10 min of warmup, i step on the gas and it surges and chugs. if i give it gas easy its ok, but any accelaration and its bucking. will a bad catalytic converter do that or maybe a iac valve or mass air flow sensor?

How is your fuel pressure? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
With these cars it could be all of those things that you said...I would check the pressure and go from there. Oh check your air filter

Chugging and bogging are usually caused by fuel starvation. Suggest checking the fuel pressure before doing anything else.

David

any accelaration and its bucking

fuel would have been my 2nd choice, but because of that statement, i went with an ignition related issue, im a nag about good plugs and wires-lol, one of them must have items...and something about about that word, bucking :eek:

any accelaration and its bucking

fuel would have been my 2nd choice, but because of that statement, i went with an ignition related issue, im a nag about good plugs and wires-lol, one of them must have items...and something about about that word, bucking :eek:

Agreed...bucking under a load/boost is almost always an ignition issue, but bogging or chugging is usually a fuel delivery problem. I think a clearer description of the symptoms would be helpful.

David

hey i guy i have spend 10 years working in these cars and i agree with all of you on your diagnostic 3 months ago i had a 95 5 speed the same problem and check the fuel pressure it was ok then the spark plugs then the cam sensor/crank too .... and guess what the harmonic balancer was broken it didn't came apart but if you raise your car and see the bottom of the harmonic balancer in my case this was the problem hope these will help you thanks

Back