PDA

View Full Version : My '92 had a stroke.

tinman_72
08-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Well I got a grand total of two weeks driving time out of it before it had a stroke. Loss of power, loss of oil pressure and horrible screeching sounds from the motor. Pretty sure it spun a bearing.
There is now too much wrong with it to salvage. I will part it out in the coming months. If anyone is interested in parts be aware that I don't plan to mess with it all for a little while.
I will be keeping many SC exclusive parts so don't even ask about:

Seats, front and rear
Black carpet
Mounting hardware for GFX. (The GFX will be for sale.)
ARC covers
Shocks and springs
AOD transmission and torque converter
Cornering lamps. (Inside the bumper cover)
I am toying with the idea of using the M90 on my '73 F100 with '93 T-bird 302 so the SC and tubing will be kept for now.

The car is white with black interior.
The moonroof works flawlessly and does not leak.
The heads are freshly rebuilt. Only four or five hundred miles on them so they are like new. The ARP head studs are reusable so they will be available.
The front bumper cover has no cracks but the black stripe is falling apart leaving alot of yellow underneath.
The rear bumper cover is in good condition but needs painting. (Or maybe just buffing.)
The passenger side heater hose from the heater core to the pipe only has about 50 miles on it so I will sell it as a new piece plus shipping. I bought the driver side hose from the heater core to the pipe and haven't installed yet, so I will also sell it as new + shipping.
I put a 145MPH speedo in it. The odometer reads 161,xxx miles and works. The gauge cluster will be sold as a complete unit. (All gauges work.)
None of the wheels have major curb rash. The paint on two of them is fair. (It looks like they have been painted before and is starting to wear off but they still look pretty sharp.) The other two wheels have permanent brake dust build-up on them and need to be sanded and refinished. I am undecided if I will sell them or not, but if I do sell them the buyer will have to provide me with replacement wheels to roll it around. (Even four spares will work.)
Headlights and front corners are in poor condition. Not worth salvaging.
Rear lights LED's are in good condition, I think one strip is burned out but they are both still bright. The rear corner lights are in excellent condition.
Feel free to ask about anything else but unless the part is something that can come off in a few minutes I don't plan on working on the car for a couple of months.
I will not ship large and/or very heavy pieces unless you arrange to have it packed (boxed, crated, whatever) and picked up.

nightcoupe
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I may be interested in black interior parts. If you have pictures please send them to infoserv at edge .net

Are you close to Chattanooga?

Duffy Floyd
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I'd be interested in the new or practically new coolant hoses.

SCarSC
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
was wondering about price on rear bumper, im in columbia so i might make the drive.

tinman_72
08-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow, eight days of silence then bam, everybody at once. :)

nightcoupe: What pieces are you interested in? As I mentioned before, I am keeping the seats and carpet. Everything else is up for grabs. The dash pad has a huge gash in it.

Duffy: PM sent

SCarSC: I will have to take a look at it tomorrow and get some pictures for you in the daylight. (The car is not at my house so I cannot get to it right now.)

Thanks for your interest, guys.

ratfink
10-08-2008, 08:08 AM
How much for the Cornering lamps. (Inside the bumper cover)
Shipped to 01907!

tinman_72
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
As specified in my first post, they are not for sale.

1990XR7SC
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
i need the belt tensioner for the main belt and the tensioner for the belt that goes from the jack shaft to crank. Price and shipping to 16946.

pock1
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
how much u want for the harmonic balancer shipped to ,,,11551. ny

tinman_72
10-09-2008, 09:47 AM
I am no longer offering this car for parts. I do not have the time right now. I am hoping that next spring I will have time to get all the parts that I want to keep from it and sell the rest. At that time I will let you guys know what is still available and prices for the more commonly needed parts.
Until then, administrators may feel free to lock this thread.