4.6L and 3.8L wiring harness the same?

KYSal

Does anyone know for sure if a wiring harness off of a '97 Cougar 3.8L is the same as the one on a "97 Cougar 4.6L ??

Thanks Sally

Is this in reference to the Dash that was posted about earlier?

If so I would say you will be fine.

-Tim

Yeh, it is. I didnt know if there was really any differance in the 3.8 or 4.6 Dash harness. I pulled one from a 96 and the plug on the drivers side that goes through the fire wall was round instead of rectangular as it is in the 97. I dont see where there would be a differance in the two, 3.8 or 4.6, since the wiring harness going to the engine would be the one with the injectors, sensors, EEC, etc... I do know the 96 is differant than the 97 due to that plug...

Last edited:
I've installed diferrent year dashs from 89-93 based cars and had no issues with different pin setup. I always consider the dash wiring to just be the info that says, your turning your key...or blowing the horn. Now the 89-93 is way different the 94+ because of the different EEC, but what you're mentioning I would say a 97 to 97 dash is plug and play.

In my 93 SC, I installed a 3.8L N/A dash in from the same model year and had no problems at all...I can't see Ford making a specific dash for each individual motor either...

-Tim

makes sense and after looking at it and thinking on it I was thinking along the same lines. But, with my luck I was going to make sure!!! LOL:D

Back