Supercharger disassembly question

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I've got an old early model supercharger that is totally trashed and I'm dumping all of the aluminum in my recycle pile. I've gotten the rotors out of the casing but haven't figured how to remove the rotors from the plate. I tried to unpress the shafts but my 12 ton press won't even budge them. It doesn't matter what they look like when I'm finished as long as all of the steel is removed. I tried to remove the gears from the front side of the plate and I can't get those off either. Short of taking an axe to it is there an easy way to disassemble the rest of this thing.
Also, I've got another early model supercharger and intake that is in better condition but it still has a bit of rattling to it. Is it worth keeping, I don't really need it, or is it just good for recycling scrap as well.

I would try to make the two into one good one if possible, then, scrap the rest.

That's what I've got right now. I just need to completely disassemble the remaining rotor lobes, bearing plate, and gears. How can I separate all those pieces.

I originally searched 'supercharger disassembly' and those posts only told how to pull the rotor ~~~'y out of the case which I've already done. The photos on the Embree site (thanks) helped though. It looks the gears pull off from the front and then the shaft will pull the out of the bearings. I've got a puller at work that should do it.

Hey thanks. That's just what I was looking for. The photos show it real good. I was trying to press it the other way. No wonder it wouldn't budge. I'll try it tonite.

Back