runs ruff

rtebeau

after it warms up the car runs pretty ruff, normally jumping between 300-600 in drive and hovers around 600-700 in park and every now and then it will stall out when im turning while not pressing the gas. i did a search but came up with alot of case that where like mine just none where to close so i figured i would start another thread, thanks for the help

after it warms up the car runs pretty ruff, normally jumping between 300-600 in drive and hovers around 600-700 in park and every now and then it will stall out when im turning while not pressing the gas. i did a search but came up with alot of case that where like mine just none where to close so i figured i would start another thread, thanks for the help

Running rough can be caused by almost any one of the big three, Fuel, Igition, and Vacuum. So to help everyone here lets start with some basics.

• How long have you had the car? How long has it been doing this?
  • Did anything change recently? Was anything added, removed or tinkered with?
  • How many miles on the car?
  • How old are the plugs and wires?

i bought the car at the end of last summer, its only been doing this for the past week or so
i replaced the ABS master cylinder sometime in January, thats the last thing i worked on
the car has a little over 100,000 on it
as far as i know the plugs and wires have never been replaced

You might have a problem with fuel delivery. If not that, you may have an accessory (steering pump?) putting excessive load on the engine. You could try checking your fuel pressure. To eliminate the accessories as the cause, you can start it without the main belt (but don't run it for any length of time, because it will overheat).

Your due for a tune up. Plugs,wires,fuel filter,air filter,PCV valve. Use dialetic greese on the plug boots. If you have unpluged your battery lately, it will go though computer relearn and cause idle issues. Check for codes as they will give you a idea where to start. Thats about all I can think of. Do A search for anything you want to learn about. We have all been there before.

Your due for a tune up. Plugs,wires,fuel filter,air filter,PCV valve. Use dialetic greese on the plug boots. If you have unpluged your battery lately, it will go though computer relearn and cause idle issues. Check for codes as they will give you a idea where to start. Thats about all I can think of. Do A search for anything you want to learn about. We have all been there before.

Before you do the tune trace all the vacuum line to insure they're attached. Inspect them to insure they're not leaking. Also, you could do the propane test around all the intake parts, including the IC attachment points and check for leaks. If you find something that helps resolve the issue then you should be ok for a while. Like SCbird1 said, you are due for a tune. I'd proceed with plugs and wires in the near future. It couldn't hurt the engine, just your knuckles.

ill check for leaks and then get a tune up done, thanks for all the help ill write back when i find out what it is

Back