Blown engine.....nitrous

CurtisPaulfrey

I went to test the nitrous, pulled the plug made a motor pull....turned on the bottle and milked it up to 3200 RPM went WOT then at 4500 BOOM.....

hole in the oil pan.....parts and pieces all over the place....I have never seen a 35 shot cause so many problems

anybody in the st louis area have a bottom end they want to part with?

or I might even part it out....I haven't decided yet....

Last edited:
I know of a new rebuilt enging here where i live,is a SC engine,still on the motor stand covered up.

I hate to think the 35 shot caused that...In fact I know there were other problems in addition to it. I will keep my ear to the ground for you.

Chris

I went to test the nitrous, pulled the plug made a motor pull....turned on the bottle and milked it up to 3200 RPM went WOT then at 4500 BOOM.....

hole in the oil pan.....parts and pieces all over the place....I have never seen a 35 shot cause so many problems

anybody in the st louis area have a bottom end they want to part with?

or I might even part it out....I haven't decided yet....

Curtis,

That motor must have been hanging on by a thread if a little 35 hp shot broke it. Especially if you pulled the octane plug.

David

Now isn't this the same engine that you have been having all those ignition and boost leaks and CEL issues with?? And you stuck a nitrous bottle on it? :eek:

I guess you just decided you had enough huh? :rolleyes:

Ira

I know of some motors that are available, but they all involve a transaction of handing off money to pick up. Which sux IMO, but apparently that's how they roll. The one I was going to get myself, but I didn't have $25.

Now isn't this the same engine that you have been having all those ignition and boost leaks and CEL issues with?? And you stuck a nitrous bottle on it? :eek:

I guess you just decided you had enough huh? :rolleyes:

Ira

I got all those bull ~~~~ problems worked out....came down to a bad DIS and other parts....or so I thought

oh well....if anybody wants any parts shoot me a message I'm not sure what I want to do but if there is anybody interested I'll sell

Back