PDA

View Full Version : hay guys

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Just though I would stop by and say hi I have bin lurking here for about a year I found on sccoa a 94 5-spd sc for sale in las Vegas and drove it back to Orlando
I thank you guys very much for all your help so far
And yes I know my name is a typo itís endangered bird
I love it
The first thing I got is a big box of ban-aids :)
The car came with

1) Rebuilt motor and heads w/arp stud kit and BHJ balancer
2) new water pump and hi capacity radiator (hi flow thermostat as well)
3) p/s pump
4) Rebuilt 5 sp tranny
5) new clutch
6) new motor mounts
7) strut tower brace
8) 10% pulley
9) balanced drive shaft
10) new u joints
11) 1 3/8" sway bars front and rear
12) mn 12 urethane suspension kit including rack
13) kvr brake kit
14) new 225 lph fuel pump
15) new urethane tranny and diff bushings
16) Eibach lowering springs and new struts (all four corners)
17) rebuilt starter motor
18) aggressive alignment specs
19) BM short throw shifter
20) 3.27 rear end and half shafts from auto car with 50,000 miles on it. Replaced seals when installed
21) ported exhaust manifolds
22) Cats have been "improved"

i have done so far
The radio was not working (long ride no tunes at all) the power ant not getting any signal so first mod 2008 fusion ant. Mounted in roof over rear window with sat. Radio base
New phonier head and sat radio 4 speakers and 400-watt amp
Next white face gages
Power steering pump (motorcraft)
Power steering line (motorcraft)
Plugs & wires (motorcraft)
Fixed rad leaking coolant
Sway bar links front
New belts
Repair fog lights
Pinion seal
Tail shaft seal
2nd oil change
Needs puller fan motor I found one in tex. New in box at a ford dealer hope it will be tomorrow
As I said before thanks a lot for the help doing all this work I have read and learned a lot form you guys so far I paid my $15 hope to be a full member soon :)

Proud owner
Chris

SuperChicken89
08-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Chris,

Welcome to our little corner of SC insanity:D It sounds like you purchased yourself a nice SC. What color is it? You never mention the color combination. I have to agree that the ride from Las Vegas to Orlando was a long quiet drive without a radio to listen to. Your singing voice must have improved after that drive:)

Again, welcome and congratulations on your new acquisition. We'll have to get together in the future and check out your SC. With cooler weather coming in several months, there will be some local car shows to attend.

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
let me try this
did this work

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
it will take me a little time to learn how all this stuff works here
it's red now with gray int
i am going to repaint it the same color as my f-150
and i want to do the int in gray and dr. gray
i hope to start thr paint work by the end of the month :)

chris

Flip
08-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Chris,
Welcome to Sccoa Florida, looks like a nice SC and a good find.

Like Bryan said when it starts getting a little cooler we have to get together. Always looking for new blood int he SC ranks.

What side of Orlando are you on?

Flip

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-12-2008, 10:56 PM
i am just north of old winter garden rd west of hiawassee rd i can't wait to go to the shows and meet the rest of the guys and cars:):D
chris

superdadsc
08-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Hey Chris, welcome. I have a 95 5spd that should be on the road sooooon.:eek: I haven't met any of the Fl guy's but would like to. Good luck, thats a nice bird you have there. Stephen

Flip
08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
i am just north of old winter garden rd west of hiawassee rd i can't wait to go to the shows and meet the rest of the guys and cars:):D
chris

Chris,

Wow you are right around the corner. I'm on the other side of Hwy 50 from you. I'm PM you my cell maybe we can meet up sometime.

Flip

garsc
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
I am glad to see another 94 5speed car here in fla.:D Welcome to our piece of paradise, there are a great bunch of guys here. Good Luck and stock up on Bandaids.

89tird
08-14-2008, 02:10 PM
welcome ... good luck on being a full member soon ;) ..

still waiting...

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
sorry i haven't called yet just got off work it might be a little to late to call i hope to be off before 5 tomarrow i will try then

chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks guys hope to meet you all soon

chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-14-2008, 10:34 PM
sorry guys i am in love with my car :):confused::eek::rolleyes::cool::D:D:o
some of the mods so far

SuperChicken89
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Looks good Chris! We look forward to meeting you in the future and checking out your SC.

Bryan

Cobra85
08-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Welcome, Chris.
The car looks real good. The pics show the paint to be good, why paint it?
Any hoo, hope to meet up with you at a show soon. OCT isn't too far off.
Glenn

SuperChicken89
08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
OCT isn't too far off.

Yea, thats what 5 or 6 hurricanes away:D

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Yea, thats what 5 or 6 hurricanes away

Bryan
looks like we only have 4 to 5 to go :D
chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome, Chris.
The car looks real good. The pics show the paint to be good, why paint it?
Any hoo, hope to meet up with you at a show soon. OCT isn't too far off.
Glenn

thanks Glenn i have bin lurking your thread seeing the paint work on you car i bet it looks great now
as for mine it has one of those one day paint jobs and that was back in 2002 as it may have looked better then it did it's not to good now i have buffed the whole car last week and today it's started to dull out :mad: and thee is all sorts of over spray in all the jams and i think i want to paint it gray maybe or redfire like my f-150 not to sure of the color yet still thinking (this may take a wile and a fire extinguisher:eek:)

thanks again Chris

SuperChicken89
08-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Yea, thats what 5 or 6 hurricanes away

Bryan
looks like we only have 4 to 5 to go :D
chris

Or October is only one long Tropical Storm named Fay away:D

Bryan

superdadsc
08-20-2008, 09:38 AM
We didn't even get one drop of rain here in St Pete. I was looking to having a day off from work and just hanging inside with the kids in a cool storm. Maybe next time. Stephen

Cobra85
08-21-2008, 09:00 PM
You can have some of our rain. I've about had enough..... NO, I've had ENOUGH already :mad:
I'm going to need a boat soon.
GO AWAY FAY

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-22-2008, 07:54 AM
THIS MIGHT BE THE NEXT THUNDERBIRD FOR FLORIDA:eek::eek::eek:
i have yet to find a supercharged one but for you guys i will keep looking:D:D:D

superdadsc
08-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah this one is moving slower than any storm I can remember down here. Hope you guy's are O.K. There has been some bad flooding. Good luck:) Stephen

SuperChicken89
08-22-2008, 10:37 PM
We're doing ok. Man this is the most rain I have ever seen at one time. Some areas over at the coast had in excess of 24":eek: We had 12" yesterday alone. I don't think we have a drought problem anymore:D

Bryan

Cobra85
08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I've never seen that much rain EVER. My friend down
the street walked out on her dock 6 AM Friday morning and by the afternoon it was covered. She estimated that the lake came up 1 foot in 6 hours. And the worst flooding probably won't happen until Sunday 'cause the St. Johns moves so slow.
I'm just high enough where I don't believe I'll be directly effected, but it
will take weeks to dry up my property.
On the bright side, the sun is out today!:D

INDANGERED_BIRD
08-23-2008, 04:46 PM
OMG it's still rainning:mad::mad::mad:

Flip
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Yep, Getting a big one on the west side today.

Flip
08-23-2008, 05:11 PM
On the bright side, the sun is out today!:D
I was thinking about you, bet you have some standing water out by the shop area. Hope everything stays dry out there. Our lake has gone up about 15Ē but is still about 4 ft. down. So ship us your water to the west a little.:D Raining like hell out here right now.

rzibilske77
08-23-2008, 08:12 PM
We're doing ok. Man this is the most rain I have ever seen at one time. Some areas over at the coast had in excess of 24":eek: We had 12" yesterday alone. I don't think we have a drought problem anymore:D

Bryan

this storms brings back memories here in Houston in 94' i believe..tropical storm Allison came ashore wiggled around a few days and stalled.
upwards of 40 inches was recorded downtown.
to date this is the only storm to have its name retired.
be safe out there.