stock, bhj, or rebuild ??

Chances are if you balancer is wobbling the aluminum center hub has expanded and is not rebuildable. I would go with the BHJ all steel unit.

so ok no rebuilds.. i know bhj is the way to go, but whats wrong with a cheaper new stock unit ??

i gotta get this thing installed by sunday, becuase im driving my dads mark viii and he needs it next mon. so im wondering if the bhj is harder to install ?? i gotta also heat up the ps pump pulley to get it on :rolleyes:..

WOW, thats cheap if thats an exact stock replacement. Not that I am pushing a sale here because BHJ is the way to go, but I do have a BHJ for sale, see my post in the For Sale Forums.

i would get the used bhj but i need it by sunday and need the bolt and washer also..

how soon can you ship it rzimmerl ?? anybody know where i could get the bolt and washer ??

btw thanks all for the quick replies ! :D

oh, wait.. do I need to buy the $129 bhj installation tool ?? :eek:

You are going to need an installation tool, no matter which balancer you use. The BHJ tool will work on all types...AutoZone or Advanced Auto may rent/loan balancer install tools.

Bolt and washer are available from Ford Dealer

David

I can ship it tomorrow Fedex, if the payment clears. I actually have the correct bolt and washer that I bought from SCP to go with it.

so ok no rebuilds.. i know bhj is the way to go, but whats wrong with a cheaper new stock unit ??

I went by the ford dealership today to price a balancer for a parts car I bought. They wanted $507.00, but thats the balancer and pulleys. They say its an updated part number. He wasn't sure of the material it was made from.

I went by the ford dealership today to price a balancer for a parts car I bought. They wanted $507.00, but thats the balancer and pulleys. They say its an updated part number. He wasn't sure of the material it was made from.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: ... it better talk or something for that price

Back