PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford...

fastsc92
08-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Anyone going?

I was going to race the SC all weekend, but my wideband took a dump and I can't tune my new 80mm maf/intake and 60lb injectors, nor can I data-log the info that I need. I still may head up there at least one of the days to check things out. After my car had the little "mishapp" I was so bummed that I skipped two years in a row.

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
where it at when it at

fastsc92
08-15-2008, 03:50 AM
this weekend, sat and sunday at NE dragway

http://www.funfordevents.com/

http://newenglanddragway.com/html/home.php?dest=news&artical=155

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
do they do tuning there? I have a brand new LC-1 that i can't even put on my car because i'm computer wiring retarded :rolleyes:

fastsc92
08-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure who is going to be there for dyno tuning but I'm sure there will be someone. Regardless of who it is. I know they wont intall anything for you.

What are you stuck on? A wideband is a pretty simple install. Power, heater ground, unit ground, 2 outputs, and a calibration wire....should be a snap

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-16-2008, 11:56 AM
ya i know it should be, i'm going to give it a try this weekend. The LC-1 came with 6 wires to splice into the computer and i have no idea which wire goes where.... :rolleyes:

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Ya here they are just like you said. If i could get my car tuned with the LC-1 i bought i would be so happy i would let anyone use it too i don't care, i just want my car tuned so bad lol

Red: 12V Supply
Blue: Heater Ground
White: System Ground
Yellow: Analog out 1
Brown: Analog out 2
Black: Calibration wire

fastsc92
08-16-2008, 08:58 PM
None of those wires should be connected to the car's computer.....unless you tap in for power and ground there

The red wire should go to a switched power when the key is in the run position.

The blue and white wires should be connected to the same ground

The white wire is a narrow band simulation by default

The brown wire is a 0-5v linear output that is used if you have a stand-alone gauge that uses that reference

The black wire should be connected to a ground with a momentary switch in series. It's used to calibrate the heater and the free air.

The serial output of the unit should go to your laptop so that you can datalog your wideband. It's pretty useless unless you know throttle position, and at least an RPM input to compare it to.

On the issue of tuning....do you have any method of tuning the car (tuner board, chip, ect?) If so, I can prob, help you out.

What part of CT are you from? I may be heading down there next weekend if you want me to help you out

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-16-2008, 09:24 PM
None of those wires should be connected to the car's computer.....unless you tap in for power and ground there

The red wire should go to a switched power when the key is in the run position.

The blue and white wires should be connected to the same ground

The white wire is a narrow band simulation by default

The brown wire is a 0-5v linear output that is used if you have a stand-alone gauge that uses that reference

The black wire should be connected to a ground with a momentary switch in series. It's used to calibrate the heater and the free air.

The serial output of the unit should go to your laptop so that you can datalog your wideband. It's pretty useless unless you know throttle position, and at least an RPM input to compare it to.

On the issue of tuning....do you have any method of tuning the car (tuner board, chip, ect?) If so, I can prob, help you out.

What part of CT are you from? I may be heading down there next weekend if you want me to help you out

in suffield, exit 47 off of I91, literally less than a mile from the boarder of massachusett. Dave D said once i get it hooked up put it in 3rd gear on a straight away and WOT then send him the graph and he would tell me what to do from there so thats what i'm going with. O ya i have a SCT chip from Dave too.