duel exhaust

dwayne

Banned
what is the best way to run true dual exhaust,I know where the single pipe runs is small and really no way to run old style pipes.how would you get two pipes in a small place,will 2 go through the small chanel .

Last edited:
pappy, both pipes do run in the same place as the single pipe does. it fits in there. if you get a late model gas tank the pipes can be alot straighter.

1. Do a search first. There are plenty of threads on dual exhaust.

2. Like Miller mentioned about the later model gas tank .. dont even bother if you arent planning on installing one.

3. Talk to you local exhaust shop. If you could do the work yourself, you wouldnt be here asking this question.

- Dan

Dan

I have a later modle gas tank,I could do the work myself,but as most here know and are probably tired of hearing,it would be hard for me to do with one leg.

You should be asking the person doing the actual work as far as running the exhaust pipes.

- Dan

I did,said where the one pipe was run ,may not be able to run two through the opening,that is why i asked.

i have duals on my 89 sc. i start back to college monday, and if i can get it into the shop and on the lift i will take pictures and post them. or if you like i can email them to you so you can take them with you to the shop to prove that it can be done. by the way, mine has the original tank.

i have duals on my 89 sc. i start back to college monday, and if i can get it into the shop and on the lift i will take pictures and post them. or if you like i can email them to you so you can take them with you to the shop to prove that it can be done. by the way, mine has the original tank.

sounds good,mine is a 89 as well.

Duals

Okay....I have to ask............has anyone runn duals that exit IN FRONT of the rear axle? This was a popukar trick in the 60's.

Mike Tuck (SuperXR7 on SCCOA) and Bruce (392Bird on TCCOA) both have side exit exhaust setups on their cars.

Mike Tuck (SuperXR7 on SCCOA) and Bruce (392Bird on TCCOA) both have side exit exhaust setups on their cars.

I don't know about SuperXR7 but 392Bird removed his stock tank and has a fuel cell in the trunk, as far as I know you can't have turn outs before the wheels with the stock tank, unless you want them hanging butt azz low.

Back