question about headlights being stuck on full beam

bluestarfish

A few months ago, my headlights automatically swithed itself to full beams. Of course it wasn't set on the full beam setting, so I tried tampering with the settings to go from regular beam to full beam and there was no change. I looked at the assemblies and noticed a clip was loose that was in one of the assemblies. So I went ahead and replaced the assemblies thinking that was the problem. And of course, it wasn't. It is still stuck on the high beam mode. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix this. Thank you :)

seems like your multifunction switch is being goofy. they tend to melt inside sometimes, and headlights get stuck on, wont come on at all, only work on high, etc.. its because your headlights and foglights are wired through the same switch, no relay.. keep em on too long, and poof, they melt... they fixed this issue in 94.... :D

hope that helps.

You may still be able to get the recall taken care of by ford. Not sure if there is a time limit or mileage limit.

That was the problem!

Thank You for your replys. That was exactly the problem. I had bought a new multifunction swith, or should I say used off of ebay. It was cosmedically better looking than my origional one. That is why I had purchased it. It did work fine when I had installed it, but later on, that had started up. I was certain that it was working properly and that it had to be my headlights, since I had seen that clip that was attached to the inside of the lense finally came off. Thank you again for your help! :)

Back