Can this work? Or will it break.

superdadsc

I have been trying to get my car together. It's a 95 5spd that has the original motor out , which I will rebuild all the way. In the meantime I have a longblock that was rebuilt to 95 specs. When the motor arrived the ear of the block was broken where the tranny bolts on. So much for trusting SCCOA members or at least this one. The seller sent me 150 back for my troubles. BIG DEAL.

My question is Can I bolt this on as my mecanic said there are a lot of other bolts to hold it in place. Or will I do damage to other parts, tranny etc. It will not be raced, it will be for DD. I can race it later when I have what I want.

Beware of 90scman, He will tell you what you need to hear to make a buck! SAD

Stephen

You should be ok, the other bolts should hold it. But that would annoy me so much that I would not put in on the car. I would always be thinking of the broken boss.

If the boss is where the dowel pin is it is junk, anywhere else it will be ok. You can find a good welding shop and have it welded. There are a few guys around who can weld cast iron.
Alan

I have a photo. I need to dig it out. I don't know how to post pic's on the forum. I grew up in the 70's. I could try to figure it out or email the pic's to someone?

Here they are...

Attachments

• 100_1294.jpg
    100_1294.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_1296.jpg
    100_1296.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Email sent. Thank you. The longblock took 2 days to get to my mechanics. The block where it was broken, did not show a recent break. No recent discoloration. Also when he saw the marks on the oil pan, he said that the car had been in an accident and broke from that. This guy knows his stuff. The best BMW PORSCHE and MERCEDES collision and resto's in the St Pete Tampa area. Stephen

Last edited:
Email sent. Thank you. The longblock took 2 days to get to my mechanics. The block where it was broken, did not show a recent break. No recent discoloration. Also when he saw the marks on the oil pan, he said that the car had been in an accident and broke from that. This guy knows his stuff. The best BMW PORSCHE and MERCEDES collision and resto's in the St Pete Tampa area. Stephen
The oil pan damage is from broken motor mounts. No idea how the flange got broken but it looks like its just the lower bolt hole. Too blurry and wrong angle though to really see very well.

Don York
3102 69th Street
Apartment 126
Galveston TX 77551

716-909-3903

I bought a set of rear lights from Don on 8/8/08. They were poorly packaged and arrived damaged at my place. I asked Don to file the damage claim with USPS. He said he moved and didn’t have the paperwork. Later it was revealed that he lost the paperwork in the move.

I requested a refund and asked him to check with USPS about the issue. He allegedly asked them about filing a claim. He repeatedly told me that USPS told him to have me do all the work. Don NEVER provided me with any paperwork for the purchase. Don never paid for insurance on the package.

When I went to USPS on 9/11/08 to file a claim on my end they immediately told me that the packing was horrible and that insurance was not on the item so no claim could be filed.

I repeatedly asked Don for a refund of my 78.00. I called him on 9/11/08 to explain the visit to USPS. He said he was on another line and would call back. I have not heard back from him today.

He has done little to nothing to resolve this issue. I sent him pictures of the damage, offered to send the item back, tried to file a claim, asked him to file a claim and then realized that with no insurance I have no option. It’s up to him to do the right thing and offer the refund for extremely poor packaging and not having insurance on the item to boot.

Todd Drefcinski
Tydlwavs on TCCoA & SCCoA

Yeah I am concerned about the motor he put together. The rear main seal was put in backwards,so who knows what else was done wrong. Live and learn. Stephen

Kinda, Sorta

Not to spec really, no windage tray, but it was built with 95 rods and a rebuild kit from Dave D. Also has a BHJ for a 95. Should hold me over so I can rebuild the original block. Don seemed like a nice young man on the phone. I just think he was being a little slick. Eventually we all learn the hard way.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Stephen

Back