Replacement Idler Pulleys

Red Thunder SC

I need new idler pulleys for my 92 SC, and I have been told that the ones off of a Cobra work very well and are steel instead of the replacement SC ones that are plastic.
Well, I went to NAPA and the closest thing they could find me was 3 individual, yet identical, steel idler pulleys for a 4.6litre stang? (Part # 38006). They had absolutely nothing for a cobra? Is this what I want? My girlfriend seems to remember somone saying that they came in a kit/set of 3? If someone would be able to help me out, maybe look on their old reciept and find the part #, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Stephan

Never have seen a kit. The Ford part #s for the Cobra pulleys are Ford: F8KZ-8678-AA and Motorcraft: YS-233.

Most people use the Dayco 89007. It is smaller in width than the stock pulleys (at least the accessory and sc ones) but will take the stock dust washer. The Dayco 89016 is wider but will not take the dust cover without some mods. All of these are the 3" pulleys that are slightly bigger diameter than the sc pulley, but the same diameter as the other two pulleys.

Some other numbers I have for pulleys are:

Murray Climate Control (O'Reilly's) 45979
NAPA (NAPA) 209766
Factory Air (??) 45979

try dayco part# 89016, u will have to put a lg washer on the front as the stock dust cap will not fit. It works perfect for me..You can also try dayco part # 89006 which will retain the stock washer, but i personaly think its to small for the belts as its more for the 6ribbed belts and the 890016 is for the 8ribbed belts...
hope this helps...

Back