Vac. question

RedSC93

Ok, my 93 got some upgrades. I got a fresh rebuilt 94/95 style superchager a 94/95 plenum, 94/95 #36 injectors, 94/95 tb and 94/95 maf. I dont have a egr and the plenum I got does so I put a big bolt in the hole and jb welded them. Everything else installed fine and im getting around 14psi of boost but I was told I had to block 1 vac. line but I had to use them all, Now when the car is started the bypass valve stays wide open untill I rev the engine Is that normal? Thanks 4cd4d (John) for all the parts and the rebuild of the SC its very clean inside.

Thanks,
Jerry V.

Last edited:
The only one I have blocked on mine is a little tiny one on top of the plenum facing forward. I just capped it with a rubber cap.

Ok, my 93 got some upgrades. I got a fresh rebuilt 94/95 style superchager a 94/95 plenum, 94/95 #36 injectors, 94/95 tb and 94/95 maf. I dont have a egr and the plenum I got does so I put a big bolt in the hole and jb welded them. Everything else installed fine and im getting around 14psi of boost but I was told I had to block 1 vac. line but I had to use them all, Now when the car is started the bypass valve stays wide open untill I rev the engine Is that normal? Thanks 4cd4d (John) for all the parts and the rebuild of the SC its very clean inside.

Thanks,
Jerry V.

Jerry,

What your describing with the bypass valve is normal....if motor is stock, you should be seeing about 20 inches of vaccum at idle.

David

ok its right around 20 vac. I just was looking for a lose vac line i needed to block off.

Thanks,
Jerry V.

Back