exhaust idea!

ratfink

What if i use this instead of two high flow cats and res. Just use a 2.25 downpipes y-pipe to one 3.5" magnaflo spun metallic converter. Then 3" to 2.25 and spin tech mufflers. My car is all stock except air filter. Hopefully it won't drone.

My buddy had same setup with dynomax turbo mufflers...was pretty darn quiet...Cant vouch for any othe rmuffler but that

Nice! My favorite thing about an SC is it's sleepy looks. The sound must tight.
I Probably will run flowmasters I like the way the tail pipes look.

When I had a 90SC I had the Flowmaster cat back system. Up front it had SPC down tubes, high flow cats and a Magnaflow resonator. Out side of the car it sounded real throaty. Many people said they thought it was awesome. I like it but it had one very bad short coming. In the driver’s seat it sounds great until you’re doing down the highway at a higher speed. You had better turn up the radio because the drone was awful between 65 and 75. Below 65 and above 75 it was fine. I don’t know if anybody else experienced this or maybe it was the installer that might have messed it up.

On my 95SC I installed the same type of SPC system from the exhaust manifolds to the stock exhaust system. From the Magnaflow resonator I had the shop welder fabricate a reducer to the stock exhaust system. They said I was crazy and it would sound like crap but it sounds good and I don’t have any cockpit noise either.

Back