gas tank straps

The fuel tank design changed after 91, not 93. The driverside strap on the 92+ tanks is built in (so you have to use it). I can't remember at the moment if a 89-91 passenger side strap will work with a 92+ tank though. Either way, I'd recommend using the 92+ strap, as you know it will work.

so is a 92 gas tank the same as the 94 gas tank, I am now confused. lol Any way thanks for that tidbit of info.

The tanks are the same 92-97, Thunderbird, Cougar and Mark 8. I am doing the gas tanks swap, my 90 to the 92+ tank this week, for my new exhaust (dual 2.5) Hopefully the passenger side strap works, because the junkyards cut that strap when removing the tanks.

The tanks are the same 92-97, Thunderbird, Cougar and Mark 8. I am doing the gas tanks swap, my 90 to the 92+ tank this week, for my new exhaust (dual 2.5) Hopefully the passenger side strap works, because the junkyards cut that strap when removing the tanks.

well that is what I did too so I hope it all works tell me what you think cause I have a 92 sc so I dont need it for that, but I have a friend who wants the extra gas tank and I want to make sure he doesnt have to go on an easter egg hunt for one when he picks up the tank.

I did the swap this weekend, the 89-91 model passenger side tank strap works with the 92+ tanks.

Back