One quick question

SCmeFly

So good news. I got my car back finally! But I only have on question. So i got all new pads, rotors, calipers, lines and a new master cylinder... Now when I run my car for anywhere between 10-15 minutes, my check engine light comes on. No work that I know of was done to my engine. I was wondering if that light could be coming on because brake fluid may have run onto something that is setting off a sensor, or is there anything else that could be causing it to come on? It doesn't comeon when you first start the car, only after driving for a few minutes. I also havent reset the oil change computer for about 4,000 miles, if that makes any difference. Someone let me know what it could be.

Thanks!

Pull the code and it will tell you what's wrong. Without any symptoms, it's hard to even guess at.

Thomas

Yeah...

yeah thats what i was thinking. how can i get the code out of it? so i need a special computer or how much would it cost? my first thoughts were brake fluid was dripping onto the cats and burning, causing a sensor to go off, because it only seems like it goes on after 10 minutes, or when the car heats up. The temp guage is still between O and R

all you need is an volt meter and a haynes manual(if you don't already have one. page 6-5 gives you all the info.

Back