Fuel Milage

Belisarius

The factory sticker for the '95 SuperCoupe is listed at 18 city and 26 highway.

I'd like to know what everyone is getting particularly highway mileage. Please include any mods you think may have helped your results.

I realize this thread may already exist but I did a cursory search and didn't see anything.

My car
'95 Super Coupe Manual trans, Kooks mid length headers, SCP down tubes and cats. custom mandrel bent 2.5 inch dual exhaust. SCP intake kit. Magnum Performance blower top.
City mileage around Portland, OR 15.8 mpg (enjoying new mods).
Portland, OR to Lakeview, OR 60 to 80 mph 26 mpg
Lakeview, OR to Reno, NV 65 to 80 mph 27 mpg.
Fresno to L.A. 65 to 75 mph 33.29 mpg windows up lots of cruise control.

I have trouble believing this number. and so I have some questions. I've only had the car about two weeks, and I've only put gas in the car twice because I picked up the car in Oregon (no self-serve gas), so are there any issues with gas nozzles shutting off early? Is anyone else getting this kind of mileage?

David

In my 90 AOD w/ 100,000 miles, I got 25 on the interstate + some mixed city driving last weekend. Thats keeping top speed around 70. :cool:

I usually get no better then 12mpg in the city with my 89 5-speed. The other weekend I took a highway trip and got 18mpg with 2 other people in the car. I think a lot of this has to do with the cam I have and possibly how fast I spin the blower causing a constant extra drag compared to stock. I have 25% od on an MPX, and a full weight SC. I run premium 93 octane or 94 octane occasionally.

Chris

Last edited:
>Here in SoCal we're limited to 91 pump octane so I'm using '91.

What did you buy in Oregon on the way down? Was that trip one-up...any atypical cargo, etc.?

Back