High Pressure/EVO Actuator seal

rickbtbird

I'm looking for power steering gasket/seal where the high pressure line bolts up to the High Pressure/EVO Actuator. I think this is a Teflon or plastic seal. Everyone thinks it the EVO seal that goes inside the hole where the flow control valve is but that's not what I'm looking for. That's already attached and is fine. The high pressure line has a threaded fastener on the end of a metal connector that curves around at a 180 degree turn and then screws into the EVO.

I've been through the Ford manual, stopped by a Ford dealership, and a couple of parts stores and nobody can identify what it is.

The one that came off when I unbolted the high pressure line got damaged and now I can't find a part number for it anywhere.

I think I got it. Mine was in a plastic bag with a black o-ring (still don't know what the o-ring was for). The instructions say to put the teflon seal in hot water and expand it over a tapered punch, then transfer to the hose fitting :confused:. I was especting a seal of the same size as the fitting that's why I was confussed. What a PITA but I got it on. It better not leak!
teflonseal.jpg

I trimmed a plastic funnell, to make an installation tool. Hot water soak seal then slowly push it over funnell, in place.

Motormite also has this teflon seal

part #82540

Here's a picture of the Ford part

Good luck getting it over the threaded connection if you don't heat it a little and stretch it over a punch. Not saying it can't be done, but heating and stretching makes it alot easier. Done it twice and have had no problems.

Attachments

• PSeal.jpg
    PSeal.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 106
Back